Looking for a good exhaust system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a while there a ton of options for headers and cat-back exhaust anyone has any recommendations on a medium to high priced good quality headers and a cat-back system that would work together and sound amazing? Thanks!

Ajmalian

Reaction score
@Midnight_Yukon
First of all, American Racing Headers paired with Corsa sport cat-back!! Can’t go wrong there. Although it will be very loud.
Secondly, don’t mean to be rude but you’re in the wrong part of the forum buddy. Here it’s pretty much all 2021+ Yukon/Tahoe owners.
I think you’ll get better advice if you post in the right place.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a while there a ton of options for headers and cat-back exhaust anyone has any recommendations on a medium to high priced good quality headers and a cat-back system that would work together and sound amazing? Thanks!

It really depends on which one sounds the best to you. Corsa, Gibson, MBRP, Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc. all make great aluminized and stainless systems and each has its own unique sound. I'm partial to the Corsa Touring after watching and listening to hundreds of youtube videos. But then sometimes Borla, Gibson and Magnaflow float my boat too! Love Flowmaster, had them in my muscle cars, but do not want any droning.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Out of all the different exhaust setups I’ve used on various vehicles in the past my favorite is the 6.2 with a Borla XR1 dumped right after the muffler. Some say it’s not loud enough, but to me it’s not about dB level. My wife says it’s too loud and wants me to change it back to stock. Like that’s gonna happen. :yaoface2:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the knowledgeable folks above have stated, you have to first define exactly what your preferences are, and what you budget is for the project. There are simply too many alternative and options available, and it is difficult for us to make recommendations, without some additional information from you.

I can tell you that for my 07 with the 6.2, I chose the Gibson Extreme cat back dual exhaust. First, I wanted a dual exhaust with two separate pipes in two separate outlet locations (just my personal preference), and I wanted a loud exhaust and tone to remind me of the late 60's muscle car sounds (again, just my personal preference). I really like the exhaust, but I fully acknowledge that most rational folks would consider it to be too loud.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American Racing Headers and a Corsa. If you don’t want it super loud you can get the Touring Corsa. It sounds absolutely phenomenal and has ZERO done. That alone is worth the money. And the parts will basically fall on (the quality is what you’re paying for).

SamG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You were fine brother he was just being a jerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC