Looking at a 2014 Escalade... from 06 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHX396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning guys, I have been on forum for a while just lurking and reading posts. Seems like a great group and love the posts. So long story short I am debating upgrading wife’s vehicle. We bought an 06 Tahoe 6 years ago with 101,000 miles. Now has 145,000. I have done lots of maintenance as I am handy but not a mechanic. Replaced both front hub and bearings, replaced rear AC, break booster. All new bell tech shocks, new stereo system. Truck is lowered 2-3 and is 2wd and has 22s. Really good looking truck that I have no issues with. Has normal front seat wear and it bothers me, that would be my next maintenance item is new seat covers. So long story short I am kind of always just seeing what is out there and other day a 2014 ESKY popped up with 49,000 miles. Luxury edition, two owner all dealer maintenance records, asking 31,500. Have talked to owner and he bought it at 10,000 miles only selling because it sits in garage. Just not sure I want the payment to upgrade but even at his asking price is a pretty good deal. Thoughts??

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice ride, and a decent upgrade. I think only you can determine if you want/can handle the payments.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Good morning guys, I have been on forum for a while just lurking and reading posts. Seems like a great group and love the posts. So long story short I am debating upgrading wife’s vehicle. We bought an 06 Tahoe 6 years ago with 101,000 miles. Now has 145,000. I have done lots of maintenance as I am handy but not a mechanic. Replaced both front hub and bearings, replaced rear AC, break booster. All new bell tech shocks, new stereo system. Truck is lowered 2-3 and is 2wd and has 22s. Really good looking truck that I have no issues with. Has normal front seat wear and it bothers me, that would be my next maintenance item is new seat covers. So long story short I am kind of always just seeing what is out there and other day a 2014 ESKY popped up with 49,000 miles. Luxury edition, two owner all dealer maintenance records, asking 31,500. Have talked to owner and he bought it at 10,000 miles only selling because it sits in garage. Just not sure I want the payment to upgrade but even at his asking price is a pretty good deal. Thoughts??

Beware of the "I miss my NBS" syndrome.

OP
OP
P

PHX396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha I do love the styling of the 06 and if we were the original owners I woukdnt even be considering it. It does have the wonderful cracked driver seat and passenger is starting so if I keep it i am replacing the leather for them. Just not sure on having AWD and maintenance and wear and tear that involves along with other things on Escalade . 6.2 and how clean the truck is , is what is so intriguing about it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO:

Styling: Escalade

Power: Escalade

Features: Escalade

Reliability (expected): Tahoe

Cost of ownership: Tahoe

Ease of servicing/customizing: Tahoe

Everything comes at a price- what're you willing to pay for or give up?

MercerRec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For me it would really depend if the Escalade is 2wd or AWD. Not sure where you are at but the price vs. demand for 2wd is very regional.

OP
OP
P

PHX396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in Phoenix and it is an AWD model so down here it doesn’t matter but going up north to Flagstaff would be nice.

MercerRec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With those details, an AWD 2014 with perfect miles (50,000) for a touch over 30k it would be in my garage. Bonus points for being in AZ and not having to deal with rust.

OP
OP
P

PHX396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I met the owner looked it over today. A ding in rear tailgate and front bumper has little scuffs on both corners that I can fix. Interior was like brand new. I negotiated him and I got it for 29k. So I now own a 2014 Escalade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts