Long and low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to notch it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front will probably stay where it is since I hit the front bumper at least 3 times a day. The rear I’ll cut the springs until I get it sitting level with the front. It’s going to stay static. No bags anytime soon

Hahaha, I hear that. I hit mine so much, it moved. Not sure if I bent a mounting point or what.
Oh ok cool. Wasn't sure if you were going with a custom link set or what. I'm a static guy too. Though I wouldn't mind some shockwaves, slick design and compact.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you going to go about notching it?
Are you planning on cutting into the rear floor section?

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you going to go about notching it?
Are you planning on cutting into the rear floor section?

Nope I'm just cutting a 5" pipe in half and welding the half-moon shape into the frame so the rear end sits up in it. I was going to do a mini notch under the body but I really don't want to get into cutting the whole frame like that. I wanted to bag and body it over the winter but I think I'll just buy an older C30 dually to do that to and keep this truck a comfortable and practical daily driver

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope I'm just cutting a 5" pipe in half and welding the half-moon shape into the frame so the rear end sits up in it. I was going to do a mini notch under the body but I really don't want to get into cutting the whole frame like that. I wanted to bag and body it over the winter but I think I'll just buy an older C30 dually to do that to and keep this truck a comfortable and practical daily driver

Be mindful of how much slack is left in your driveshaft when that low. You may need to adjust the axle back some, which, of course, would change where your notch goes.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's probably the easiest route to go. I believe any other method you'd have to lift the body off if you wanted to use a super c or boxed frame notch.
I like the C30 idea. I'm on the hunt for either a Fox body Coupe or 2500 or 3500 12v Cummins 5/6 speed to play with.

Be mindful of how much slack is left in your driveshaft when that low. You may need to adjust the axle back some, which, of course, would change where your notch goes.

With the adjustable links, he should be able to cycle his suspension all the way through and see where his notch will be.
That and he'll be able to center it up as well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the adjustable links, he should be able to cycle his suspension all the way through and see where his notch will be.
That and he'll be able to center it up as well.

I didn't know he had the adjustable links.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably the easiest route to go. I believe any other method you'd have to lift the body off if you wanted to use a super c or boxed frame notch.
I like the C30 idea. I'm on the hunt for either a Fox body Coupe or 2500 or 3500 12v Cummins 5/6 speed to play with.

I have one of these you can buy...

CEA8AE85-2854-4582-9BF5-AF721EB02583.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep