Lock box, Safe, or Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I'm looking for a means of securing personal items and if anyone has first hand experience I would appreciate sharing any tips.

If there's a box I can buy and install myself, that would be ideal. Or if having an upfitter install one would be better, I'm open to that too.

Vehicle in question is a 2018 Tahoe and I'm located in the Washington DC area in case anyone can recommend an installer in this area.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Most sidearms cases use a key or combination lock and have predrilled holes in the back to bolt it to a vehicle’s interior. I haven’t measured, but if one would fit, the bottom of the center console would be a natural spot.

If not inside the console, you’ll want to find a spot that is both flat, so the case does not distort as it’s tightened, but also convenient. For example, I wouldn’t want to get into the back seat each time I needed to access it since it might draw attention.

There are both mechanical and body shops in my area that I would feel comfortable asking to install one.

John Spartan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a means of securing personal items and if anyone has first hand experience I would appreciate sharing any tips.

If there's a box I can buy and install myself, that would be ideal. Or if having an upfitter install one would be better, I'm open to that too.

Vehicle in question is a 2018 Tahoe and I'm located in the Washington DC area in case anyone can recommend an installer in this area.
There are company’s that sell center console safes or lock boxes. I would look online and see what interests you.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Console Vault or Lock'r Down are the aftermarket safes custom fit for your center storage. GM accessories has their own version for cheaper. I would suggest a combination lock vs a key. When you sell your vehicle, you can get most of your money back selling it on ebay. I currently have the Lockr Down and it easily holds a full frame, a wallet, and plenty of mags with room to spare...

Jimmy17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Take a look at bolt-able floor safes at Home Depot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar