Loaded SLT vs Denali (Msrp 77 to 78k) difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to check if I understand differences between the two levels.
5.3 6 speed vs 6.2 8 speed
No hud vs yes hud
Denali better suspension any notice a real world difference?
Denali badging
No hid headlights vs yes hid headlights.

Am I missing any differences? Just trying to get the price difference of 9k plus.

Thanks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to check if I understand differences between the two levels.
5.3 6 speed vs 6.2 8 speed
No hud vs yes hud
Denali better suspension any notice a real world difference?
Denali badging
No hid headlights vs yes hid headlights.

Am I missing any differences? Just trying to get the price difference of 9k plus.

Thanks.

Engine and trans are well worth the coin. The other stuff is gravy.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay for the extra power. The "better" suspension is actually garbage when paired with 22 inch wheels. Youll feel every nook and cranny in the road.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
The "better" suspension is actually garbage when paired with 22 inch wheels. Youll feel every nook and cranny in the road.

This is very subjective. I have a Denali with 22s and I've had passengers comment on the smooth ride. Some of us like the feeling of being more connected with the road. For me personally, I hate a pillowy ride where it's hard to tell when the car gets a little loose.

JerryWest_44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at the same dilemma -- I went with the Denali fully loaded and love the 6.2L, 8 speed transmission.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
I would have loved to go up to the Denali, but the price was the issue.
So I had to decide between a SLT Yukon XL or a Premier Suburban.
I ended up choosing the Premier as it had a few more options (HID, HUD, Magnetic Ride which I really like) for minimal cost.
You might want to look at that option. You get most of the options of the Denali but for the price of the SLT

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay for the extra power. The "better" suspension is actually garbage when paired with 22 inch wheels. Youll feel every nook and cranny in the road.

Agree. Hate it. My Mercedes is 'connected' TO the road. My Denali feels like its being thrashed BY the road.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Hate it. My Mercedes is 'connected' TO the road. My Denali feels like its being thrashed BY the road.

Interesting... I have heard of some folks putting smaller wheels on their Denali for just this reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia