LLP Headers Concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I purchased a set of LLP Headers for a 2008 Yukon Denali XL AWD, 6.2L. Does anyone have these on their ride? How hard was the install? Any moddifications to the Y pipe that I should expect? I plan on having a custom exhaust made, so I am not too concern with cat back compatability. I would appreciate any links to threads relating to the install.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
No experience with LLP Headers, however I have installed a set of Gibson Shorty headers on a Silverado 5.3. Easy install for those, just remove your wheels & fender liners and you have easy access to everything. Shouldnt take you more than a couple of hours, unless you have stubborn bolts. Make sure not to break any in the head! (had that happen on an older truck). Oh yeah - Make sure the truck hasnt been started in a while. Warm engine takes forever to cool down.

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I seen a really good thread about a guy with a white 06 having to removing the transmision support to install the y pipe and later taking it to a muffler shop to modify it because it was hitting the tranny support. If that is the case, I will just have my exhaust guy make me a custom 3" y pipe.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have experience with those, but with my Pacesetters we modified the Ypipe to go under the transmission on my 6l80e, it was actually easier than with the 4l60e on my old 08 silverado. Havent heard of any issues with any of the header brands, only minor tweaks on Ypipes for the most part.

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I guess I will find out on Wednsday when I put them in.
Since we are on the subject of headers, are there mil eliminators that I can purchase to avoid pesky error codes for the time being? I plan on having it tuned, but not until I have the heads ported and install the cam.
Thanks for your replies Pooter and Fiatdale.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I will find out on Wednsday when I put them in.
Since we are on the subject of headers, are there mil eliminators that I can purchase to avoid pesky error codes for the time being? I plan on having it tuned, but not until I have the heads ported and install the cam.
Thanks for your replies Pooter and Fiatdale.

No prob! They don't really make any mil eliminators for our trucks, really they haven't made them for anything past 04 and older mustangs or 02 and older Fbodys as far as I know, lol. Honestly just get the tune when you're ready, id get it sooner just to take advantage of the headers, but it wont really hurt anything for a little bit, just run a little rich and an annoying light on. You really will pick up quite a bit even from the tune/headers, id just get it tuned now and then again when you get the other stuff on.

Funny, there isnt many people that actually put go-fast parts on their Tahoes, most are just cosmetic or a intake/muffler, lol.

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input skaffy03

Pooter, I think you are right, I will get it tuned with what I have and then retune with the heads and cam. Since I am new to Tahoe, Yukon and GM in general, what are some other good bolt on mods? I already have the Banks Ram Air kit installed, LLP headers this weekend, custom Magnaflow exhaust this weekend, and SLP Harmonic Balancer this weekend. I will be sending my heads to Lingenfelter and picking up a cam and springs from them in a couple of months. I will also try to install my TBSS 2/3-4 inch lowering kit this weekend, depending on how difficult it is to install the headers.

BTW how big are your wheels? Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input skaffy03

Pooter, I think you are right, I will get it tuned with what I have and then retune with the heads and cam. Since I am new to Tahoe, Yukon and GM in general, what are some other good bolt on mods? I already have the Banks Ram Air kit installed, LLP headers this weekend, custom Magnaflow exhaust this weekend, and SLP Harmonic Balancer this weekend. I will be sending my heads to Lingenfelter and picking up a cam and springs from them in a couple of months. I will also try to install my TBSS 2/3-4 inch lowering kit this weekend, depending on how difficult it is to install the headers.

BTW how big are your wheels? Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated.

I think the way you're going should be good, there are a few other cheaper alternatives for Heads/Cam, but kind of depends what your goals are too. Texas-Speed has some decent cams and ported heads. How big of a cam are you going with? Might need to consider a higher stall torque convertor also, a few people have had good luck with CircleD. You can also port your stock TB for a few more ponies/smoother off idle throttle response(wouldnt bother with an AM one).

Mine has a 1.5/3 drop and 22" ck375s with 305/45/22 Toyo Proxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck