Limiting straps to prevent load on ball joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The details of my suspension can be found in my signature

Hey guys. I’m lifted a bit and have cut the factory droop stops. I suspect that my upper ball joint is now acting as a droop stop because to get the upper balljoint installed I have to jack up my lower control arm and compress the strut to get the ball joint in.

This leads to a jarring sensation when the front wheels reach full extension or droop when coming over speed bumps or anytime there is no weight on the front end and the front wheels get to fully extend.

My theory is I need to get some limiting straps installed in the front so that when the front struts fully extend my upper balljoints to take the beating for it.

Thought?

Picture of pretty lady
21E3BE18-A270-4F1D-90B5-BDB1334DCE67.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Before when I would go over pot holes or mainly bad train tracks it would feel like the suspension would bottom out and almost dance left to right over the bumps it rode like shit.
Where I would hold the wheel with two hands and slow down to 45 I now cruise over it 75-80 driving with my kneecap coil overs helped allot also but just the arms were night and day over the rough country arms I swapped from.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Note you need a reaming tool to ream your spindle. I diddnt have one I did mine wallowing it out with a drill bit little by little until it fit correctly.
One of the bad reviews where one broke was from not reaming his spindle and blamed fabtech for a faulty part…
I’ve had mine for 3 years now almost on both vehicles and my buddy has had his for 4-5 years neither of us has had to replace the uniball or bushings yet and we put ALOT of highway miles on them.
To clean them I use wd40 and lube I use a dry Teflon spray for uniballs and heim joints

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy I jacked up my Tahoe and realized that at full droop my CV axles bind up so I think if I went with those control arms I would be overextending my CV axles even more so for now I think the limiting strap is the way to go until I can revise my suspension, suspension is pretty new so no big changes in the works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone