Lifting with existing coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPaw

Reaction score
Folks,

So I lifted my 13 burb with Fox 2.5 DSC coilovers up front giving it 3" and a spacer with the moog HD springs out back.

My question is can I add, lets say a 5" BDS set up with all the crossmembers and components to raise it up, up front to achieve a higher lift to fit 35s using my existing Fox 2.5 Coilovers?

Thanks in advance,
Paw

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BigPaw Adding the crossmember drop will increase the distance between your lower control arm and the top strut mount so yes you will need to extend the length of those struts somehow to make them fit. Either with spacers or new struts.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Folks,

So I lifted my 13 burb with Fox 2.5 DSC coilovers up front giving it 3" and a spacer with the moog HD springs out back.

My question is can I add, lets say a 5" BDS set up with all the crossmembers and components to raise it up, up front to achieve a higher lift to fit 35s using my existing Fox 2.5 Coilovers?

Thanks in advance,
Paw
2”-3” leveling kit would get you where you want to be. I actually used the bigger spacer so I could crank the preload on the coil overs to get the ride like I wanted it to be

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
2”-3” leveling kit would get you where you want to be. I actually used the bigger spacer so I could crank the preload on the coil overs to get the ride like I wanted it to be
Trey, what front spacers work with these fox 2.5s? Don't you have these too?

The supremes didn't work nor the superlifts.

What worked for you?

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Trey, what front spacers work with these fox 2.5s? Don't you have these too?

The supremes didn't work nor the superlifts.

What worked for you?
I used the moto fab leveling kits 2” upper 2” lower and then cranked the coil overs down to lower it to around 8” of lift
MotoFab Lifts CH-2LM - 2 in Front Leveling Lift Kit that is compatible with Chevy/Gmc Pickup https://a.co/d/5oOlMfV
I have the icon coil overs not the foxs but I’m not sure what would be any different as far as the upper and lower mounts?

I’m pretty sure you can get longer eyelets that screw into the bottom of the coil over also instead of using a spacer but the spacer was cheaper and easier to do at the time

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
I used the moto fab leveling kits 2” upper 2” lower and then cranked the coil overs down to lower it to around 8” of lift
MotoFab Lifts CH-2LM - 2 in Front Leveling Lift Kit that is compatible with Chevy/Gmc Pickup https://a.co/d/5oOlMfV
I have the icon coil overs not the foxs but I’m not sure what would be any different as far as the upper and lower mounts?

I’m pretty sure you can get longer eyelets that screw into the bottom of the coil over also instead of using a spacer but the spacer was cheaper and easier to do at the time
Right on, my issue with the spacers I had was that the holes didn't line up with the fox coilovers. It was just shy of less than a 1/2 inch. I'll try these and see if they line up. Also, how was the ride with it cranked down? When you say cranked down, do you mean you dropped the coilover lift to lower the overall lift height?
Thanks!

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Right on, my issue with the spacers I had was that the holes didn't line up with the fox coilovers. It was just shy of less than a 1/2 inch. I'll try these and see if they line up. Also, how was the ride with it cranked down? When you say cranked down, do you mean you dropped the coilover lift to lower the overall lift height?
Thanks!
Correct it was kinda stiff and bouncy with the collar cranked down on the springs after the spacer and decranking the collar it smoothed it out a lot
Get a marlin spike or big screwdriver to help get the holes lined up when you are doing the bolts they can be a ***** sometimes

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Thanks!
What time I’m thinking about it did you try to rotate or swap sides with the spacer? I know they got to go in a certain way or the bolts like you said wouldn’t line up I forgot to mention that earlier. I’m referring to the upper spacer not the lower in this case

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BigPaw Heads up, I am not exactly sure what you are doing but with most above strut spacers require you to rotate your strut 180 degrees, so you would actually install your driver side strut on the passenger side and vice versa.

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
What time I’m thinking about it did you try to rotate or swap sides with the spacer? I know they got to go in a certain way or the bolts like you said wouldn’t line up I forgot to mention that earlier. I’m referring to the upper spacer not the lower in this case
Damnit, I don't remember if I tried that. Guess that's a project I gotta do again. ‍♂️