Lifting with autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a noob when it comes to tahoes, and trucks in general. I just bought my hoe about 2 months ago and am verry happy with it. After seeing the lifted rides of some of the members on here I've decided to go with the famous, ford keys in front and rear spacers. Also I'm. Noticing that with that "2 lift they get the 5100 bilistein shocks. My question is, since I have autoride should I take it off or is it better to leave it on? Thanks in advance.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I would remove the autoride, just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and pull the RTD fuse under the hood. Install the bilsteins and you're ready to rock.

OP
OP
20tahoe01

20tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had read somewhere that unpluging the autoride fuse it will also disable other components such as the heated seats... etc.

OP
OP
20tahoe01

20tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also just heard about this rough country suspension leveling lifter kit, spacers keys and shock for 269.99! Sounds like a good deal to me. What do you guys think?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard not so good things with rc kit. some people say the rc keys are basically stock keys, the shocks are cheap, and the spacers are 3/4", which dont do anything.

options are to get ebay keys & spacers and some bils. Or just crank stock keys, buy spacers and bils

OP
OP
20tahoe01

20tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your honest opinion, I was thinking that it would just be cheaper to go with ebay keys and spacers.. is the pump underneath the hood where the secondary battery tray goes the pump for the autoride system? Ill try and take a picture of it later but its in the corner of where the antenna goes.

andrix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about the autoride on a denali/escalade? Is it any different? I know that it will show up as text on the dash instead of just a light correct? The resistor kit should work just the same as a tahoe or yukon im guessing to remove the message.

chevy_man

Reaction score
What about the autoride on a denali/escalade? Is it any different? I know that it will show up as text on the dash instead of just a light correct? The resistor kit should work just the same as a tahoe or yukon im guessing to remove the message.

Why anybody would do the resistor kit when you can just pull the fuse is beyond me. As long as you unhook the battery before you pull the fuse you don't get the dash message.

The fuse runs the compressor and that's it. I had the fuse pulled on mine for a few months while I was sourcing a compressor and I never found anything else inoperable.

The compressor is under the rear cargo area, behind the drivers side tire bolted on the frame rail. Just loosen the bolts and slide it up and to the side. It sits in slotted holes on the frame.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
? For Levi? Have you replaced your rear shocks with something else and your fronts? You are the only one I have ever heard of that just removed a fuse from this system and never had a light pop on. Everyone I have talked with from custom chop shops to lift manufacturers have told me either you must fool the system with a resistor kit(which I have) or you can disable the system and have the your ride reprogramed with the codes left out.
All I ever hear you talking about I's the compressor and the auto leveling in the rear. What about the electronic dampening for all four shocks? What is the fuse for the compressor going to do about that?

JoeRider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got an 07 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4X4 bought it new back in 07. I'd like to put about a 4" suspension lift but I don't want to lose auto ride. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14