Lifting the Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't mean to interrupt here, but i have a 3" body lift and am thinking about a 3" rough country suspension. since that would give me a total of 6", i'd then be able to put on 35s right?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
^ yes, its more a matter of backspacing when it comes to fitting them anyways. IMO crank your keys up 2" and run the 35's because the 3" kit wont be worth the money or time to put it on.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't really know much about suspensions...when you say crank your keys up...exactly what do you mean?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Your stock keys are mounted in your torsion bar crossmember. The torsion bars are your springs for the front end, by "cranking" these keys your just tightening the adjustment bolts a couple turns. This will then turn the torsion bars that are connected to your lower control arms and increase the control arm angle. Overall this lifts your front end anywhere from an inch to two but i wouldn't go any higher because your going to start wearing your front susp. components. The rcx 3" kit is doing the same thing but it drops down your differential like an inch or two so your really dont benefit too much from that kit. I probably made this sound alot more confusing then it really is, but if you crawl underneath your truck and find the torsion bars (about 4 feet in length and one inch in diameter bars running parallel) you will have a better understanding.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DC susp. had it for a longgggg time and no problems at all..when i was back cali. just took it to the sand "Glamis" miss it but i lnow a couple ppl with RC and said its good...

CREETO

Reaction score
i'm very pleased with the 6 inch superlift suspension system that was installed on my 2008 Z71 4x4. i am running the 35 inch copper STT armorteks on 18 inch rims. good luck and post pics when completed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon