Lifting my 99 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have hear good things about RC, but mainly on NBS trucks. OBS kits from Extreme (dick cepek) and pretty sturdy

OP
OP
H

horrorcosmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey bowtie how much did you spend on your lift, tires, and wheels all together?

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Ok i called this other place and they had a bunch of ads in the paper. they were having deals on lift kits and tires and it said for a chevy silverado a lift kit would be 1999 for a 6 inch. the guy wants 4100 for everything, 33's and a 4 inch lift. he said the lift cost 2700 alone which doesn't make sense because why would a 6 inch be less than that? and 4 wheel parts had the lift by itself for 2 grand and this place has it for 2700. i still think i can get cheaper elsewhere

OP
OP
H

horrorcosmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, theres this guy selling his 6" Procomp lift for 1200 bucks. I called him and he said its strong but it has 40,000 miles on it. he said hed sell me the shocks, gears, and everything for 1200. I'm a kid and im paying for a little bit of it but my dad doesn't want to because its used. but it would definetly make it easier price wise to get the lift and the 35's. It would end up costing like a grand less if i bought the kit from him. What do you guys think about buying used suspension kits?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kits was about 1600, tires were 900 (but three get one free). Install was done over a period of time. Then added gears at one point. Costs keep adding up

OP
OP
H

horrorcosmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats the price im looking for. Did you buy it all at a place or online and do it yourself?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought the lift direct from Extreme suspensions. Installed ourselves. Had the gears done locally. Basically bought stuff at all different times from all different places.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if you'll be able to get used gears to work or not. they'll already have a wear pattern on them from the original truck. every rear end isn't the exact same on patterns. that and they probably beat on them to get them out.

OP
OP
H

horrorcosmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1. I have the dual shock hoops and the stabilizer. Their shocks suck though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts