Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes standard suspension. I haven’t driven it yet, still need to trim a little more of the fender liners. Install was straight forward, and took about 5 hours. I’ll post again once I get it on the road.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes standard suspension. I haven’t driven it yet, still need to trim a little more of the fender liners. Install was straight forward, and took about 5 hours. I’ll post again once I get it on the road.
That pull back kit is interesting. So after removing the gm supplied brackets behind the fender liners you bolt those new brackets up? I achieved the same thing with a hole and a zip tie, but that’s certainly a more legit way to do it.IMG_2242.jpeg

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if I had it to do over I’d probably save the $$ and just go the zip tie route. As far as the ride goes, it’s just as smooth as stock and the recon grapplers are really quiet. (Don’t mind the bags on the lift pads, the undercoating GM uses on the frame is some nasty stuff)View attachment 402057View attachment 402062View attachment 402058
I ended up zip tying mine sometime last year, before those pull back kits were made. The zip tie route wasn't pretty, but it got the job done. Since I had to shave off a considerable amount of bumper behind the front fender liners, it limited my options for places I could graft the zip ties to. I'll redo them in a few months, so I can properly fit 35's, but for now, they're fine.

When I initially had my fenders shaved, the shop I went to was a little impatient and frustrated that they had to keep shaving material off the inner bumper a couple of times because it kept rubbing, so they weren't as forgiving with the aesthetic look when it was all said and done. I have a small 2x2 tab on the fender liner that was drooping, so I attempted to tuck it under. Instead, it gets caught on the tire lug when I turn left, and it flaps. It's an easy fix though....

Oh, and for those that ended up having to replace your two front felt fender liners for whatever reason, you're looking at around $75 from GM.Glam 5.jpg

Last edited:

JMacTahoeAttack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just leveled my 21 Tahoe Z71, 2 in front, had to add 1 in the back. Mounted new KO3 ATs on Z71 20" Rims. Very happy with the look and more importantly the ride, which changed minimally (for once)...

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 71
  • tAHOE.jpg
    tAHOE.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 70

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, rough country looks like they are now offering a magneride compatible 2.5 lift with UCA's for at4 models, or any other configurations that come with Magneride and not air ride. Only difference from readylift kit seems to be the RC still uses a pre-load and strut spacer in the front where Readylift does that in the rear, but only uses a strut spacer in the front.. linked below.

tenminutes

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar