Lift/Tires and Gears to use thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for some info on what gears to use with a certain amount of lift and bigger tires but didnt find one on here. (Correct me if im wrong)

I know theres a formula to use that will tell you what gears to use according to what stock gear ratio you currently have and you factor in what the overall diameter of the tire you intend to run and you get what gear ratio you should use in order to "equalize" your overall ratio as if you were running stock size tires.

Here's what I found:

New Tire Diameter (Divided by) Old Tire Diameter (Times) Old Axle Ratio = New Axle Ratio

Heres the link to the website and you can just plug in the #'s and it'll do the math for you!
http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartire.htm

Use a tire size diameter online to get the accurate diameter of the tire sizes so you can plug them in.

Thought this might be helpful to those guys wanting to get bigger tires and asking what gears they should run with the new tires.

Sticky Material?? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlitefan

Latest posts