Lift or tuck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Hey all I'm fairly new here with my stock 12 Denali.

I want to start the mods ( just sold my CTS-V, mod bug is still in me though) and I want to upgrade wheels and tires, but I'm having a hard time deciding to lift it a little or go bigger and lower a little. Here is a couple questions I have.

Which is easier for a Denali?
Which would you choose and why?
What is cost difference (relatively) between the two?

I live in CA and 95% drive the roads but I did love my lifted 4runner for the ability to go anywhere I want. Dirt snow or occasionally mud.

I've never had a truck or SUV lowered but I do like the look, as you can see I'm torn.

I've searched a bit but haven't decided which route.

Any input?

3ecb390169edcb7292f33fc6cc714586.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is obviously a matter of personal preference. I've seen nice trucks both ways.

As far as work, it is about the same to lift or tuck. I decided to tuck as I use my truck for work and have to constatntly get stuff out of the back. I didn't want dirty kahkis all the time (from leaning on the rear bumper) so I tucked 2" to make my job easier. Then the setup didn't look right, so I tucked the front end some... Then fiddled and adjusted and am still not entirely happy.

My wife calls it my art project. So what do you want your Picasso or Monet to look like?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matter of choice. I lowered mine as it will never see a dirt road. Plenty of guys run lowered and still go on dirt roads, camping and plow through the snow. Lot of pics here on the TYF to give you some ideas. Lifted or lowered with these trucks looks good either way. Flip the coin. Good luck with your decision.

@CTSVbecker

OP
OP
C

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I decided to lower. Now deciding on 22 or 24..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ride quality, depending on your tire size, is really the only difference. 22s will ride better given the more sidewalk you will have. A nice clean setup would be a 2-3/4 drop on some oem style 22s with a nice all weather tire (285/45/22 would be my recommended tire size) for the occasional snow/dirt/ice/mud situations.

geelevert

Reaction score
Can't lose with 22's....but I actually think 24-26 look sick with a drop.
I've always been into lowered rides and through experience I now have both 22's and 24's. I call the 22's MY BABY'S WINTER SHOES. I also in California (central valley) and roads get slick with weather. But once it heats up. We throw on the summer sandals (24's) I feel more comfortable traveling in the winter and both sets of tires will last way longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160