"Lifetime Alignment" - Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my Tahoe leveled next week and will be getting an alignment after. I can get it done for $50 at a place I've never been to but is still reputable, for $80ish anywhere else, or I can get my usual shop's "lifetime alignment" for $170 and get free alignment checks and adjustments for the life of the vehicle. Not a bad deal since it nearly pays for itself after the 2nd needed alignment.

Thoughts on this? Anyone ever bother with this?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Think its the wrong section unless you got a GMT900 but anyhow just depends on what you feel like doing with the truck. Do you plan on lifting or lowering? If so the lifetime would be beneficial but if your riding stock then no. Also depends on how many miles are on the front suspension and if you need to replace upper ball joints.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so 170 bucks for them to keep yer front end aligned for the life of the vehicle
that would be something id definatly jump on because proper alignment saves tires and tires are expensive

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a 2010 Tahoe, just haven't changed my signature yet! As I said, I plan on leveling next week and will need an alignment, then from there will just align as normal (don't plan on lifting further other than maybe bilsteins in the distant future).

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would do it cause you can always get a alignment once a year to keep it in check.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar deal in the past with my old Tahoe and I plan on doing it again with my current truck. Like you said it pays for itself after the 2nd or 3rd alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
Getting my Tahoe leveled next week and will be getting an alignment after. I can get it done for $50 at a place I've never been to but is still reputable, for $80ish anywhere else, or I can get my usual shop's "lifetime alignment" for $170 and get free alignment checks and adjustments for the life of the vehicle. Not a bad deal since it nearly pays for itself after the 2nd needed alignment.

Thoughts on this? Anyone ever bother with this?

Read the fine print on what "lifetime" actually is. Also if there are limits on how many alignments per year and such your allowed to do.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With my truck I never purchased the lifetime alignment. Each time I said to myself, "I won't need that." Well It would've saved me a lot of money because I had to get my truck aligned 4-5 times in the two years I owned it. One dilemma for some would be if it is through a national chain or not. If it's local only then if you ever move out of the area, you've lost the lifetime alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667