leveling kits??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 07 Tahoe 4x4.. I just ordered a Truxxx 2.5f and 1.25r leveling kit. Before I put it on, I was just wondering other peoples opinion on leveling kits.. and how much tire I could fit with it. I was kinda planning on keeping my stock 17" rims..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 07 Tahoe 4x4.. I just ordered a Truxxx 2.5f and 1.25r leveling kit. Before I put it on, I was just wondering other peoples opinion on leveling kits.. and how much tire I could fit with it. I was kinda planning on keeping my stock 17" rims..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

I put a leveling kit on my previous vehicle (07 Cadillac Escalade) and it gave it "Cali-lean". I had to remove a few of the "levels" from the front (it is adjustable with the Truxx kit).

I'm not sure if it will do the same on the Tahoe?

OP
OP
M

mfratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Seel... What exactly is the "cali lean"

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a cali lean is when the rear is lower than the front.

with yours, you wont have that problem. i have a 2.5f/1r and its pretty level, if anything the front is still a little lower, so if your putting on a 1.25r, then you wont have the cali lean, but more of a front rake - dont get me wrong, it will look a lot better and close to level, but from those two points you wont be lower in the back.

youll be able to fit 32's without trimming

TREYR8D

Reaction score
I also have the CCM 2.5F/1F and i only installed the 2.5 front portion. Truck is exactly even. UofM and I both have the Z71 version, so i think that makes a slight difference in factory "lean" that we started from.

From my own viewings of other truck around Denver, the denalis/eskys and LTs seem to be closer to level from the factory so a little lift in the rear would be required to keep from having the front taller than the rear (cali lean).

I put on a set of 285/55 R20s and had to do some cutting, but i think my case is out of the ordinary. Typically in all of my research i found before i bought tires, 32" diameter tires should fit with minimal to no trimming. 33"s will fit with more/moderate trimming. With the leveling kit of course.

Just take a tape measure to the wheel wells or some other point on the truck that you want to be level and go from there. Wheel wells tend to give a good estimate of how the truck is sitting front to rear. if i recall correctly, i think top of wells on center line of the tire were all at 38 inches after i did the front? I'll try to add some better pics of the truck soon and how it sits on flat pavement. I know UofM has some good side pics of how his sits with the 2.5/1 kit.

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.5" front and 1.25" rear will work out well. FYI, I have 285/65/18s with had to do some trimming.

OP
OP
M

mfratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.. Im assuming nobody has any problems with the leveling kits, as far as suspension issues or swaying?

boroblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about ride quality? I know when I leveled out my sierra, the ride suffered. Being coil sprung, does leveling it cause a noticeable difference in your ride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaymerkz