Leveled the 15 hoe this morning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's purely cosmetic but it makes it look far better in my opinion. Obviously lifted is more than just cosmetic as it provides better ground clearance when off road.

Not necessarily all cosmetic...the benefits that can be realized from lowering are better aerodynamics, better handling and to some extent traction performance, as well as less 'roll' or 'roll over' risk. There can be just as many negative side affects as well like tire wear (if not lowered properly) and less ground clearance and suspension travel (again if not done right).

Denada

Reaction score
Dayum I like how that looks! Nice job.

Does anyone know if this mod will affect warranty? Like if mrc or auto ride breaks will I be SOL?

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
What kind of parts are given with a levelling kit ? Is it a shorter stiffer spring ?
EDIT : I just looked up levelling kits for my 04 taho. It looks like it's keys to lift the front!?
I would rather keep the ride hight at the rear the same as the front. Lower the back to get rid of the rake I have now. I there any thing avalible like that ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
dageaux1209

dageaux1209

Reaction score
The kit that I used is a lowering kit from McGauheys. It's shorter springs to lower the rear to level with the front. It will not void any warranties as far as I know unless they can prove that the new springs indeed caused the problem.

Denada

Reaction score
The install is very straightforward. I did one side at a time due to not having a lift. Get a good floor jack and jack stands. That's all you really need. It's literally 6 bolts.

The ride quality hasn't changed much at all from what I can tell. I would suggest this to anyone who is looking for a better stance.

Did you have to trim the bump stops?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick ???

What were your measurements before? How much higher was the back than the front?

That stance looks awesome!

OP
OP
dageaux1209

dageaux1209

Reaction score
I did trim the bump stops but probably didn't need to honestly.

I don't remember the exact difference in measurement. It was 2 to 2-1/2" different. The kit brought me down to about 1/4" from dead level with the front.

ERS2015

Reaction score
Got my McGaughys 2" leveling kit installed on mine and it dropped the rear about 1/4-3/8 lower than the front. Didn't like the ass down look and ended up dropping the front an inch to compensate. Love the look now with about 3/4" rake front to rear.

Yours looks like it turned out great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401