Left Turn Fuse Keeps Blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if someone can lead me looking in the right area for this issue? I know this has come up many times before by searching...just didn't want to hijack any prior threads. Also, the answers to each left turn fuse issue seems to be slightly different.

I keep replacing the 10 amp left turn signal fuse and it immediately blows when I turn the combo left signal switch on. I tried a 15 amp and it did the same. Being cautious...thats as high as I'm going using fuses.

This issue looks like a definite short to ground somewhere. If someone could help by providing a likely starting point that would help me out tremendously. I'm going to start with disconnecting the front left turn bulb socket. Ill then see if operating the 4 way hazard switch blows the fuse as well. Let me know of any ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Remove the left blinkers and put another fuse, if the fuse blows that would rule out the bulbs. Keep us posted

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the left blinkers and put another fuse, if the fuse blows that would rule out the bulbs. Keep us posted

So everything seems to be ok now. What i did was disconnect the left rear taillight, the front left turn signal and the trailer connector. No water or corrosion found.

Since it seems this is an intermittent issue...there must be a wire rubbing on metal somewhere. When disconnecting the connectors I must have moved the wires enough to keep them from grounding.

If this happens again I will try to narrow it down to a particular lamp if I can. Will keep everyone updated.

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
So everything seems to be ok now. What i did was disconnect the left rear taillight, the front left turn signal and the trailer connector. No water or corrosion found.

Since it seems this is an intermittent issue...there must be a wire rubbing on metal somewhere. When disconnecting the connectors I must have moved the wires enough to keep them from grounding.

If this happens again I will try to narrow it down to a particular lamp if I can. Will keep everyone updated.

Sounds good, could also be one of the bulb holder sockets.

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, could also be one of the bulb holder sockets.

I checked them. If that was the problem there would have to be a wire or something shorting out the contacts inside the holder. I am going to keep an eye on it and see if the problem resurfaces going over bumps and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518