LED light bar in the front valence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, sorry. It rained pretty much all weekend, and the weather doesn't look any better the next few days. I only had time to replace the underbody leds. I'll get it done, though.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be running any of these led fog lights on a daily basis... they will just blind oncoming traffic... install looks good though. I think a double row would look better in the valance though to match the fogs.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run them all the time, only in conjunction with my high beams. And I originally wanted to do a double row, but I didn't want it to look crammed in there.

schandler88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no intention to run them on the main roads, but I live in the middle of no where. Its not uncommon for me to make the last 10 minutes of my drive home at night in pitch black and not pass another single car, just herds of deer and other animals.

My original fogs are gone so I wanted something like this (or the light bar) to get some extra light out on the road so I can see better out in the sticks where I live.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run them all the time, only in conjunction with my high beams. And I originally wanted to do a double row, but I didn't want it to look crammed in there.

How did you wire up the fogs? did you use a relay and harness or just buy connectors that work with the existing fog light wires and then just plug them in? Are they hooked up to fog light button on the interior?

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 880 adapter, and used it to plug into the stock fog outlet. I used that plug as the trigger for a relay. I pulled positive power from the fuse block terminal through an inline 20a fuse, and negative from the stock ground bolt on the bumper next to the drivers side fog. Then I connected all the lights in series, soldered everything up, wrapped everything in black tubing and electrical tape, and ran it next to all the factory wiring up in the bumper.

I'll try to grab some pictures from underneath when I can.

EDIT: as far as turning them on, because the trigger for the relay is the stock wiring, the fog light button does it. But I've also done the HI-6 mod, so my high beams turn them on as well. And with the valence light, it's actually a HI-7 now, I suppose.

Last edited:

LabGeek24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the fog lights installed yesterday. have some pictures of the brackets i built that i will try to get uploaded in a day or to. it turned out great. if you need them faster shoot me a pm with your number and ill text them to ya.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 880 adapter, and used it to plug into the stock fog outlet. I used that plug as the trigger for a relay. I pulled positive power from the fuse block terminal through an inline 20a fuse, and negative from the stock ground bolt on the bumper next to the drivers side fog. Then I connected all the lights in series, soldered everything up, wrapped everything in black tubing and electrical tape, and ran it next to all the factory wiring up in the bumper.

I'll try to grab some pictures from underneath when I can.

EDIT: as far as turning them on, because the trigger for the relay is the stock wiring, the fog light button does it. But I've also done the HI-6 mod, so my high beams turn them on as well. And with the valence light, it's actually a HI-7 now, I suppose.

Nice. That's a clever way to wire everything up. I've been thinking about 7" rounded LED pods to replace the stock fogs that would hug the underside of the bumper and the curve. I have my front valence removed to fit my tow hooks so my fogs hang down slightly awkwardly. I would like to do the LED fog conversion, but I'd be concerned about other drivers. I guess I could use narrow spot led pods and angle them down...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076