LED light bar in the front valence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant I bought it to try it out because I was curious haha. shipped to canada was 140 everything in. how is that osram hyper spot reflector? notice any diffrence?
Its pretty wicked. Combined with the 30" flood on the bumper, its like daylight everywhere. I'll post some comparison pics

Plain old heads and fogs:
Ohx21s6.jpg

52" Osram 8° Spot:
P3qq54U.jpg

Spot + 30" Cree Curved:
mb3LY2a.jpg

The lenses on the osram plexiglass really make a difference with the throw and narrowness of the beam. Your typical LED bar just has little reflectors in there which can't really narrow a beam down much, but they are great for floodlight. The lense pattern gives it a different look for sure too. But I dig it.

xUCAjet.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Just did this one today. Idk if you want one there but its a thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20150310_171658.jpg
    IMG_20150310_171658.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20150310_171638.jpg
    IMG_20150310_171638.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 69

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
What size bar is that one and how did you mount it?

21in light bar and I just had some scrap metal laying around the shop I think it was 1in wide 1/8in thick and bolted the metal strap to the radiator support right above the trans cooler then bolted the light bar to the strap.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
21in light bar and I just had some scrap metal laying around the shop I think it was 1in wide 1/8in thick and bolted the metal strap to the radiator support right above the trans cooler then bolted the light bar to the strap.

Exactly how I mounted mine... except I used 1" aluminum I bought from Home Depot. Fits perfect though, you could probably even go up to 30+", mine is 24".

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Exactly how I mounted mine... except I used 1" aluminum I bought from Home Depot. Fits perfect though, you could probably even go up to 30+", mine is 24".

Aluminum is probably better seeing as the radiator support is aluminum. Ill probably swap someday. Where are your switches?

Bass911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jut put a 24" behind the grill on mine...

EDIT: after driving with it on this morning in the dark, I need to adjust it a little. It's shooting downward just a tad bit too much. I want it upwards more, but may be blinding for oncoming traffic though.

How deep is the led bar behind grill? The heat sink on the back makes it look like they're almost too deep to fit, and is it better to get a curved one? What is the longest length bar you think will fit behind the grill? I know the ss grill insert probably allows deeper mounting than oem grill?

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
How deep is the led bar behind grill? The heat sink on the back makes it look like they're almost too deep to fit, and is it better to get a curved one? What is the longest length bar you think will fit behind the grill? I know the ss grill insert probably allows deeper mounting than oem grill?

I wouldn't go any longer than a 21in. Curved probably wouldn't work the ones I've seen are too deep to fit behind the grill. Mine is a fairly snug fit.

I wanted to mount it in the lower section of the grill but the HD grille has a support plate that attaches behind the emblem and clips in just below the trans cooler, and I didn't want to modify that or take it off.

coolboypool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In grille light bar

I need to see this single row in the valance haha, I went to my buddy's place today and the led bar he has is a 20" double row but its all flood reflectors :wtf: so I will just order one from eBay, but really want to see output of that single before I pull the trigger here is a mock of were the double will go if I go grille route, the front of the bar will be even with the grille so will look cleaner just a mock tho.

Any update on modifying the grille to fit your lightbar? Was going to try and do that myself and wanted to see if you had any success wi th it.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
it should definitely be bright. i've got the 4" fog lights and a 52" mounted above the windshield. that one alone is like 24,000 lumen. if i could get away with it without getting tickets, i'd drive with that one on all the time. don't even need the headlights with it on. i still have a 24" i have to mount somewhere also.

what mounts did you use for the 52?