LED Headlights Warning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skywrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening, I've had my 2019 Midnight Edition Tahoe for almost a month. I can't believe how much the factory lights suck! I picked up a set of bright halogens from Napa. They were the Napa brand I think it was about $55 for the pair. Big difference though, whiter and brighter for sure. BUT I still would like to have an LED headlight. When I was reading the manual there was a warning in there about NOT changing them to LED's because it could cause failures.
What exactly could go wrong other than not working? Is Chevy afraid that the LED's would somehow mess up the wiring? Has anyone here changed them to LED's and had problems they regretted?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is pretty much a "cover there own ass statement" so if you change out stuff and it fails that's not there fault and they told you so.
that being said if done properly you should not have any issue's, personally I went with HID's

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening, I've had my 2019 Midnight Edition Tahoe for almost a month. I can't believe how much the factory lights suck! I picked up a set of bright halogens from Napa. They were the Napa brand I think it was about $55 for the pair. Big difference though, whiter and brighter for sure. BUT I still would like to have an LED headlight. When I was reading the manual there was a warning in there about NOT changing them to LED's because it could cause failures.
What exactly could go wrong other than not working? Is Chevy afraid that the LED's would somehow mess up the wiring? Has anyone here changed them to LED's and had problems they regretted?
lol really 55watts is 55 watts what they mean by damage is thermal damage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts