LED Headlights Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here, just wondering what headlight bulbs does everybody use? I'm trying to get some LED headlights from AUXITO for my 18 LT, is there anyone had already tried? how's it looks like? please share.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights. They are not cheap, but they are guaranteed for life.

The most important aspect of an LED headlight is that it must be adjustable, in order to obtain the correct beam pattern. The actual adjustment mechanism is different for different brands/models, but the instructions supplied with the LEDs (or an installation guide on their product web site) should guide you through the process.

Bottom line, the popsicle stick in the LED headlight holding the LED chips needs to be as close to vertical as possible, after installed and locked into place in the headlight housing, with the LED chips pointing to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions.

OP
OP
B

Billy B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights. They are not cheap, but they are guaranteed for life.

The most important aspect of an LED headlight is that it must be adjustable, in order to obtain the correct beam pattern. The actual adjustment mechanism is different for different brands/models, but the instructions supplied with the LEDs (or an installation guide on their product web site) should guide you through the process.

Bottom line, the popsicle stick in the LED headlight holding the LED chips needs to be as close to vertical as possible, after installed and locked into place in the headlight housing, with the LED chips pointing to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions.
What a nice truck you got!

I have replaced my truck's headlights with LED bulbs from AUXITO few days ago, finally made up my mind to go with them. And yes you're right the LED bulbs are adjustable, I did not realize how yellow halogen lamps are until I compared them to the LEDs. The beam pattern from the LEDs is very tight to the front of the truck and high beams do a very good job of Illuminating the road further away. They are really impressed me.

1656398722487.png

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a nice truck you got!

I have replaced my truck's headlights with LED bulbs from AUXITO few days ago, finally made up my mind to go with them. And yes you're right the LED bulbs are adjustable, I did not realize how yellow halogen lamps are until I compared them to the LEDs. The beam pattern from the LEDs is very tight to the front of the truck and high beams do a very good job of Illuminating the road further away. They are really impressed me.

View attachment 373959
Thank you for your kind words, and it is great to read that you now have a good working setup with your headlights.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good set of LED bulbs have proven to perform great in the halogen low beam headlights of the Tahoe/Yukons.

The more and more pics I see of Tahoe/Yukon owners upgrading their stock halogen low beams to a good set of LED bulbs the more I’m convinced that doing so in fact out performs the OEM HID’s in the Yukon Denali and high trim Tahoe’s that came with OEM HIDs.

marcello1395

Reaction score
Definitely agree LEDs are the way to go on the halogen projectors. They look great, much better lighting for both low and high beams, and the cut off is perfect.

bourgeois

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with RPM 956 LED bulbs? He is out of Texas

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with RPM 956 LED bulbs? He is out of Texas
I do not, but other folks on this Forum may chime in.

Have you done a Google search on reviews of these LEDs by new owners?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt