LED Bulbs in Denali Projectors? Anyone do this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of ditching the HID's and going LED... Anyone do this in their Denali?

What was the result?

I know bulbs go from $25 to $100, just concerned about the light output... Lots of forums say there is little distance e with LED's in projector housings...

Can anyone chime in on this?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with your HIDs?

The led's will be worse.

Get some HIDs in like a useable light spectrum though. 4-5k. 8k is terrible for visibility. and upgrade your projectors.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Yes - 8K is awful for light output. Havent tried LED in those projectors, only HID. I was pleased with the LED in my reflector housings though.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I use led. I use the xenon depo ones with the cooling ribbons. They are bright. I will say with led, you don't get the wide spread like Hid do. But I got sick of replacing a ballast, bulb or having mismatched his cause one going out. Also be warned led do not put out heat like his do so if you drive in snow, it will stick to your headlights and if you don't clean them, they can freeze over and you may end up scraping ice off cause they can't melt snow like halogen or his do

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use led. I use the xenon depo ones with the cooling ribbons. They are bright. I will say with led, you don't get the wide spread like Hid do. But I got sick of replacing a ballast, bulb or having mismatched his cause one going out. Also be warned led do not put out heat like his do so if you drive in snow, it will stick to your headlights and if you don't clean them, they can freeze over and you may end up scraping ice off cause they can't melt snow like halogen or his do

just an idea, but you could always turn on your high beams to melt the ice. any pics of the LEDs?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got Quality hid bulbs and ballasts to begin with you wouldn't have had to deal with all that. Probably would have been cheaper in the long run.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Meh, I hate when one hid starts failing, one turn yellowish, or uou have to turn on and off the headlights to get them to work. My lower brackets that hold the lights in corroded and the bolt is frozen in there. Pain to remove headlights