LED Bulb Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ Metsfan77

Reaction score
IncisionID

Did you use the same lights you said you were going to use in the first post? I'm looking to do the exact same thing on mine and I think your truck came out excellent. Did you use blue or super white for your bulbs? How do you feel the reverse lights work? They look good, but are they as bright as the stock OEM bulbs? Also, Did you try the vanity mirror LED bulbs? Thanks for any help on this.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry that it took me so long to get back however it has been HECTIC

raidernationmike: Naw i didnt witch out the vanity bulbs. The only person that uses that thing is the GF and she says their fine :)

Scotto2323: Thanks for the complements

NJ Metsfan77: Yep i used the exact ones that i listed in the first post. I used the super white as i felt that the blue wouldnt be the look that i was looking for. I feel like the reverse lights look great and they put out AT LEAST the same amount of light if not a little bit more.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IncisionInd: Do your bulbs flicker the end when they dim out. (when you turn the key on, and the interior lights turn off)

raidernationmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@scotto2323: i just installed the same setup including vanity LEDs and puddle lamps. mine dont flicker.. they just shut off when (when it's supposed to dim out)

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine when it fades out go all the way to very dim flick once and turn off.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine flicker once at the end too, wish they didn't though. I had old festoon bulbs with like 9 small leds in inside the single tube that faded all the way, but they died so that does not say much.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
^ Yeah, LED reverse lights do not provide adequate lighting.

I have to disagree, I have had LED reverse lights in a number of vehicles and I was always impressed with the brightness and the look. They are much brighter than OEM, but not as bright as HID obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv