Leather + Leather Conditioners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kuslamb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I ordered some of each product listed, and will mix them all together and see how it goes...

But really, I ordered some Adam's brand stuff.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Adam's stuff. Has always worked for me

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-131-adams-leather-interior-cleaner.aspx
131.jpg

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-66-adams-leather-interior-conditioner.aspx
66.jpg

this stuff makes my interior smell like a baseball glove. LOVE IT!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
until I get used to the smell and redo it again :shrug:

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being in AZ, I have been frustrated with the appearance of the leather in every car I have owned after a couple years. From the research I have done, the consensus is that keeping the leather clean is all you can really do. Apparently all of the newer vehicles have some type of surface treatment that prevents *********** of any conditioners. Any products for conditioning I have tried previously seem to simply make the surface greasy/slick until I used enough elbow grease to rub it all off the surface (didn't seem as though it actually penetrated the leather itself).

I would be interested in any input from someone in the southwest regarding a product that actually keeps the leather from drying out.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being in AZ, I have been frustrated with the appearance of the leather in every car I have owned after a couple years. From the research I have done, the consensus is that keeping the leather clean is all you can really do. Apparently all of the newer vehicles have some type of surface treatment that prevents *********** of any conditioners. Any products for conditioning I have tried previously seem to simply make the surface greasy/slick until I used enough elbow grease to rub it all off the surface (didn't seem as though it actually penetrated the leather itself).

I would be interested in any input from someone in the southwest regarding a product that actually keeps the leather from drying out.

You are correct

Its coated leather. Almost like clear coat for paint.

Heard good stuff about this before though

3emanuny.jpg

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Gold class leather cleaner and condtioner. Worked like a charm right before I traded in my Avalanche. Hell I use this stuff on my leather couch to protect it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy