Late Model Oil Cooler Line Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max Madigan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm currently working on a late model Yukon that has an oil cooler line leak. Alldata recommends dropping the front differential but id prefer to avoid this. I'm close but the lines keep getting hung up one little pin extending off of a motor mount above the differential. Even after considerable massaging and prying. Has anyone had any experience removing the oil cooler lines while avoiding dropping the front diff?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
When I changed my out I was not able to manuver them out with out dropping the diff. I plugged them, when I rebuilt the front diff I swapped them out. Its a pita job

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. I was just looking into replacing mine due to leaks, not sure if I can do it myself. Does that block that the lines go into near the transmission have just the 2 bolts at the bottom or 4?

I also need to replace the transmission cooler lines, but those seem to be easier to get to.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has any luck with the oil cooler lines. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC Burbalade

Latest posts