Lane keep assist with Super cruise equipped but not activated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the performance of lane-keep assist between an SUV with Super cruise equipped but not activated vs a SUV without it equipped?

Its performance is pretty bad without Super cruise equipped; I'm wondering if it would improve at all from the extra sensors present in a SC-equipped vehicle (but SC is not activated or engaged).

For clarity, I'm NOT wondering about performance when SC is engaged, which I imagine works fairly well.

rswaug

Reaction score
The lane keep assist only relies on the forward facing camera and engages when you drift to the edge of the lane. Super Cruise also relies on the forward facing camera for centering the vehicle in the lane but it's also using GPS to direct the vehicle down the road as well as the other sensors which are tracking vehicles around it. Ultimately the lane keep assist won't cure bad driving but will help with somewhat distracted driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts