Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keep Assist stopped working? 2022 Denali 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillicious

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went on a small road trip. About 3 hours round trip. On the way home I got a message on the dash saying "Lane Keep Assist malfunction" and another for the Adaptive Cruise. The red light stayed on for the remainder of the trip. It was on again by the time I got home, but the GMC app also told me the next morning there was "a malfunction". I've contacted the sales manager I dealt with to speak to service. I'm just curious if anybody else has had this small hiccup??

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this, but with these new trucks being heavily reliant on software these things are going to happen until they get the bugs worked out

OP
OP
D

Dillicious

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely. Luckily some things can be resolved via OTA updates.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OTA updates are a blessing and a curse:

Summer intern: "Hey boss, the code I wrote mostly works. I haven't had a chance to fully test it and my internship runs out tomorrow."

Sr Software Director: "No worries, we'll patch it with an OTA fix next summer when a fresh batch of interns show up."

sickk21

Reaction score
I've contacted the sales manager I dealt with to speak to service.
Completely unnecessary. Just call the service advisor and schedule an appointment.

I haven’t seen this issue come up before. Will probably replace a module.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad module, bad wiring (loose connector) or system just needs a reboot. This is the first instance I've heard of this issue, so it doesn't sound like something that is software related (shock of all shocks!) so you're an isolated instance and it should be "easily" fixed by the dealership after they run some diagnostics.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have not had any issue with our 2022 Denali, had it now for 3 months. We have the lane keep assist but not the adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP
D

Dillicious

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That was another thing I was going to ask. When everything was working as it should it seemed the adaptive cruise wasn't working. I have the button and shows I'm adjusting it but didn't notice it actually do anything. Is that one of the things that would have been left out?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A message would come up on the dash showing adaptive cruise was on every time you set the cruise control. If your window sticker shows adaptive then you have it, it’d be listed under Advanced Technology Package. They wouldn’t have just left it out if it’s supposed to have it per the sticker. It might just have not worked from day 1 and just threw and error now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne