L94 Knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up some YouTube videos on this. There's a guy that has a way of freeing them up shocking them. You might get lucky. If so, then I'd run 5 qts of oil and 1 qt of ATF for 500 miles or so and wash everything. See how it all looks and go from there.

You also might be better off finding a junk yard motor with way less miles to freshen up and install. Maybe find kne from a 2009 and then just tune out the AFM on yours.

OP
OP
J

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up some YouTube videos on this. There's a guy that has a way of freeing them up shocking them. You might get lucky. If so, then I'd run 5 qts of oil and 1 qt of ATF for 500 miles or so and wash everything. See how it all looks and go from there.

You also might be better off finding a junk yard motor with way less miles to freshen up and install. Maybe find kne from a 2009 and then just tune out the AFM on yours.
I wish I could find a junkyard engine. Up in New England they're all over like $4500. Dumb

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a FB junker - whole truck? Then you would have additional parts if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman

Latest posts