Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jutte73

Reaction score
just a quick question here.. i have an 02 tahoe, and the keyless entry does not work.. i replaced the battery in the remote, i tried to reprogram it, the hold the lock button cycle the key all that. the truck goes into its program mode but i sit there hold the the buttons on the remote for 2 minutes and nothing so i gave up after a couple tries.. can this function be turned off and on with a tech 2 maybe the people before me didnt like it, they did have an after market start cut off set up on it and i remove that and wired everything back up and hoped that that would fix it but it did not.. just curious if its an on off feature with a tech 2 or not

thanks

jimmycaps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 1999 Tahoe. I went through the same steps. Could use some help.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used to have a tahoe like yours and when my keyless entry remote went out I bought a new one on ebay for dirt cheap.. like 30-40$ cheap... then emailed the seller for instructions and did it myself.

jimmycaps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how do you know it is transmitting if you don't get a response from the truck?

OP
OP
J

jutte73

Reaction score
you can go to almost any auto parts store these days and they have a little rf reciever device sitting there you hold your remote next to it and push a button and if it is sending out a singnal the light lights up on it...

Ron-Tahoe-07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im having the same problem on my 07 RKE,works until i walk away for a couple min,did u get any help on this...

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the fob is working but not programming u could have a bad bcm from what ive read

OP
OP
J

jutte73

Reaction score
yeah thumper thats not what i wanted to hear lol.. i havent had a chance to do anything with this been to busy with work and the holidays. things are starting to slow down now want to get over to the dealership i used to work at and talk to a couple of the guys there... should find out something soon..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401