Keyfobs acting up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a few days ago my main keyfob stopped working. Then I went and grabbed my 2 spares and neither of them works. Their weird thing is, after I lock the car manually the fobs will work for a little while... making me think something is failing intermittently. Anyone have this before?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your truck details are (year, make, model), but did you make any changes to any settings on your truck? Perhaps, you inadvertently disabled something.

Other folks will chime in with their suggestions.

OP
OP
cfmistry

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 2007 Tahoe LT.

If this helps anyone, after lots of digging I read that people with similar symptoms had luck by pulling and replacing the fuses on the dash for the RKE system. I did this (it was about 5 fuses total) and the RKE is back to working normally. None of the fuses were blown.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up, never heard of that before.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 2007 Tahoe LT.

If this helps anyone, after lots of digging I read that people with similar symptoms had luck by pulling and replacing the fuses on the dash for the RKE system. I did this (it was about 5 fuses total) and the RKE is back to working normally. None of the fuses were blown.
Do you know which fuses you addressed?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Having a similar problem with my tpms system but apparently they’re all tied into the remote door lock receiver.
Any info helps.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
This was an issue on the '07s, you know, kind of a first year bug for the new body style.

They issued a TSB on reprogramming the BCM or RCDLR because the module would go to sleep and not want to wake up all the time.

Any dealership should be able to update the programming and fix the issue long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14