Key Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys done anything to your keys? I've seen that they finally came out with the flip out fobs,

https://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Escalade-Avalanche-Silverado-Suburban/dp/B0777T6689

I know they also make those key things that work like a swiss army knife, but don't think they will work with our keys or not....

Just looking for ideas to make my keys a little more comfortable to carry in my pocket and not stab my leg all the time.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So '99-'02 uses a different fob than '03-'06? I wonder why they did that.

And read the reviews on the product if the posted link dos correspond with your actual vehicle. The only buyer commenting states the rig is too long so the shifter will smack the fob when it's in the ignition. Otherwise, I would be concerned with the ability to have the key cut: can it be removed from the device if the whole assembly won't work with a particular key cutting machine? the few key cutters I have seen or used will not secure a fob like that; the "key" has to come out.

I'm just thinking of the hassle involved with ordering the parts, programming the remote, trip to the store and copy key. It would be nice to have a modern, compact fob like this... I love it, personally. This option just adds another variable in the saga that is the creating a duplicate key-fob. Just go for it. Order 1 of these & 1 OEM unit then you can't go wrong.

Last edited:

JasonLmarsh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried one of those in my last Yukon and it did not fit. Shifter hits it when you move from Park, so you have to use 1 hand to rotate the fob while using the other hand to shift.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried one of those in my last Yukon and it did not fit. Shifter hits it when you move from Park, so you have to use 1 hand to rotate the fob while using the other hand to shift.

Damnit. Other reviews say that too. I'd really like something that looks a bit nicer then my current key fob setup. The NNBS esky has much better looking fobs.

Oh maybe I can just use it as a fob! I can still use my existing keys to start the truck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore