Key Fob- keyless entry module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalt10

Reaction score
I've been trying to get my key fobs to work on my Yukon. I have a 2002 Yukon that I got one key fob with it when I bought it a few years ago. Worked fine. Bought a second key fob a year later and programed it and it worked fine.
In the last 6 months or so both fobs got to where they would work sometimes and sometimes they wouldn't. Then it got to where you had to hold it close to the truck for it to work. Then it got to where you had to put the fobs up to the window to work. Now they don't work at all. I've cleaned the fobs and put new batteries in them and tried to program them and they won't work. I bought a new fob just to try it and it will not program either.
I've been doing searches on this site and others trying to figure how to get them to work. From reading I think it could be the Keyless Entry Module under the dash. Doesn't look like you can by a new one. Can you buy a used one out of a Yukon, Tahoe or other GM and make it work? If so does it need to be the same year or same part number (on the used ones) to get it to program?
When I try to program them I do the hold the unlock button, turn the key on and off twice, let go and listen for the truck to lock unlock then hold both the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob.
It's not a bad problem to have since everything else on my Yukon works. It just would be nice to have the key fobs working since it came with them.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to a local locksmith, and they will confirm for you if the issue is the Keyless Entry Module.

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what happened? Was it the module, did you have luck fixing it. I am having a problem that my fobs don’t work and my tire pressure monitoring went out at the same time

bgpianoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been trying to get my key fobs to work on my Yukon. I have a 2002 Yukon that I got one key fob with it when I bought it a few years ago. Worked fine. Bought a second key fob a year later and programed it and it worked fine.
In the last 6 months or so both fobs got to where they would work sometimes and sometimes they wouldn't. Then it got to where you had to hold it close to the truck for it to work. Then it got to where you had to put the fobs up to the window to work. Now they don't work at all. I've cleaned the fobs and put new batteries in them and tried to program them and they won't work. I bought a new fob just to try it and it will not program either.
I've been doing searches on this site and others trying to figure how to get them to work. From reading I think it could be the Keyless Entry Module under the dash. Doesn't look like you can by a new one. Can you buy a used one out of a Yukon, Tahoe or other GM and make it work? If so does it need to be the same year or same part number (on the used ones) to get it to program?
When I try to program them I do the hold the unlock button, turn the key on and off twice, let go and listen for the truck to lock unlock then hold both the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob.
It's not a bad problem to have since everything else on my Yukon works. It just would be nice to have the key fobs working since it came with them.
I've got the same issue with a 2002 Escalade. Can anyone tell me where the RKE module is located? Also know as the Keyless entry module.

OP
OP
Dalt10

Dalt10

Reaction score
I never got around to taking it to a lock smith. Still just using the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azjlwallace