Kenwood DNX6140 vs. Pioneer AVIC BT910

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both units have admirable qualities. Though the Garmin nav on the Kenwood seems a bit better. Also the boot time on the Pioneer seemed quite lengthy (35 or 40s). Any opinions? Thanks.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I have never used the Kenwood unit, but I own the avic f700bt and it is great, despite the 30 second load time mine does everything I could ever want. I'm pretty sure each one has it's pros and cons, I am more of a Pioneer guy myself.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 910 in my CTS. I have always loved Pioneer's higher end units, but this is the first time I wish I had gone with something else. Pioneer packed a lot of cool features into it, but the firmware is crap, even with the latest update. I get complaints from customers all the time about the touchscreen response, boot time, and other small bugs here and there.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is hard to beat something that is based on Garmin. I heard with Kenwood though that they only honor the warranty if it is bought from an authorized dealer which of course costs more.

pavemen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am really happy with my DNX8120. I am also a Garmin fan so that helped my decision quite a bit.