Keep my 20" wheels or go with 24's

Should I get the 24" KMC Slides?

• Get them!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Keep what you have

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been throwing around the idea because I'm always looking for some change.

I'm currently running 20" Method NV's with 275/55/20 BFG K02.

I work in the off industry so I got these at a good price but it still gives off that mean, off road look with out any crazy suspension work.

For that last couple months, I've been looking at swapping them out for a set of 24" KMC Slides.

I know they are played out but I just love the look!

If anyone has gone from 20's to 24's, what did you like or dislike about it?

I'm looking at pulling the trigger this weekend!

If anyone has a set of used 24" KMC Slides they are looking to get rid of or want to trade, let me know!

Here's how my Tahoe sits now...

IMG_1844.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, moving to 24's isn't a big deal. if you like the look of 24s do it and don't look back. With that said, I'd consider something different than KMC Slides. The reason I say that is that they've been around for so long at this point you'll be "upgrading" the look of your Hoe with a super outdated rim. Why not go with a newer design? There are tons of options out there. Might as well go with a look that's more modern and up to date.

Just my 2 cents....

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, moving to 24's isn't a big deal. if you like the look of 24s do it and don't look back. With that said, I'd consider something different than KMC Slides. The reason I say that is that they've been around for so long at this point you'll be "upgrading" the look of your Hoe with a super outdated rim. Why not go with a newer design? There are tons of options out there. Might as well go with a look that's more modern and up to date.

Just my 2 cents....

Thanks for the reply back.

I'm very picky on wheels.

I really like the spoked style wheels like the KMC Slide and I really like Dub Futures.

I think, it's been out for sometime and the style still looks good, it's proven to look good on the Tahoe.

I don't want to get something new and it just doesn't look right.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If you like both styles I would get the futures. Slides are literally everywhere and futures are not.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try koko kuture sardinia 6 or giovanna dramuno 6 they have a similar design like the wheels you are looking for.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re not considering the ride quality please do. I’ve got some friends that went with 24’s and didn’t like the ride so the backed off to 22’s for their DD. lots of guys on here have used tons of different set ups. They can give you more info or may say the ride is good.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ride quality and tires that last is all in the quality of tire that you buy. You can get a 75k mile tire for a 24" rim that'll ride good. Just gotta be willing to pay for it and not cheap out on the off brand garbage. And I doubt that if someone is looking at 24s that "off-road ability" is really a top priority for that person.

Long story short, 24's can ride just fine with a quality tire and a suspension that is up to ***** on maintenance. I still think it's a mistake to limit your rim choices to the KMC Slide, though, but you do you and what makes you happy. Don't be afraid of going up to a 24. Just buy quality stuff in the process and your ride quality will be fine :waytogo:

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Slides are wayyy over played... nothing like taking your truck back to 2007 by putting on out dated wheels. Don’t do it. Get a newer style wheel if your going 24s

Look at strada coda wheels black with brushed face

CA7195E8-FA6A-4F41-8D0C-65DA396111E5.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep what you have. Curb Rash, poor ride, lack of off-road/inclement weather ability and expensive tires that probably don't last. Save your money.

That's the reason i'm going back and forth!

A lot of people love the set up I have now.

Tough decision.

Ride quality and tires that last is all in the quality of tire that you buy. You can get a 75k mile tire for a 24" rim that'll ride good. Just gotta be willing to pay for it and not cheap out on the off brand garbage. And I doubt that if someone is looking at 24s that "off-road ability" is really a top priority for that person.

Long story short, 24's can ride just fine with a quality tire and a suspension that is up to ***** on maintenance. I still think it's a mistake to limit your rim choices to the KMC Slide, though, but you do you and what makes you happy. Don't be afraid of going up to a 24. Just buy quality stuff in the process and your ride quality will be fine :waytogo:

That's for the reply!

What tire would you recommend that is not breaking the bank?

I'm looking at a 295/35/24 or a 305/35/24

I just don't want any rubbing

It looks like for a good quality tire, I'm looking at $300ish per tire for Nitto or Toyo.

Toyo only comes in a 305

Tough decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts