Keep my 20" wheels or go with 24's

Should I get the 24" KMC Slides?

• Get them!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Keep what you have

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the reason i'm going back and forth!

A lot of people love the set up I have now.

Tough decision.

That's for the reply!

What tire would you recommend that is not breaking the bank?

I'm looking at a 295/35/24 or a 305/35/24

I just don't want any rubbing

It looks like for a good quality tire, I'm looking at $300ish per tire for Nitto or Toyo.

Toyo only comes in a 305

Tough decision
Nitto and Toyo are going to be your best best but you can also get a Falken tire in that 295 35 24 size which is also a good tire. Yes, they'll run 250-300 a tire but they'll last and perform well in many different weather conditions. IMO, if you don't want to spend that kind of money for one reason or another I'd just keep with what you got. There's nothing wrong with that, either. You've got a good look going on and good tires for 20" rims are cheaper. I definitely understand not wanting to spend $300 per tire. Money doesn't grow on trees :)

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went from a set of 20" with goodyear tires to 24" i forget the brand, nothing special.
But once all 4 were on and balanced and new, I love the ride.
I will go back to the 20" for winter, but the ride and feel of the 24" is hands down better
forgot to add. I got the new tires for $165 or so a piece from Pomps tire. I do get a minor discount from a national account with my employer. But pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went from a set of 20" with goodyear tires to 24" i forget the brand, nothing special.
But once all 4 were on and balanced and new, I love the ride.
I will go back to the 20" for winter, but the ride and feel of the 24" is hands down better
forgot to add. I got the new tires for $165 or so a piece from Pomps tire. I do get a minor discount from a national account with my employer. But pretty reasonable.

You just made it harder for me!! hahaha!!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with what you like. If it’s 24 do that. If 20 there are tons of options. Why aren’t you looking in the middle? 22’s? Lots of options there too. If you’re worried about rubbing do your homework before buying.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with what you like. If it’s 24 do that. If 20 there are tons of options. Why aren’t you looking in the middle? 22’s? Lots of options there too. If you’re worried about rubbing do your homework before buying.

I've done my homework on this.

I love the look of my 20's but i'm always looking for something different.

I think 22's are just a tad small. Might as well just keep my 20's.

24's are perfect.

Wouldn't you rather have a supercharger?

Oh, I've thought about it! Haha

I just don't have the funds to shell out $6K right now.

I'm always looking to add more power to this Tahoe.

I've even considered selling it and getting a GC SRT8!!

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the 24's. I keep leaning towards the KMC Slides! Haha

How are the Nexen Roadian HP?

I see a lot of people have run them and the pricing is right in the middle

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't have the funds to shell out $6K right now.

Put that money away that's burning a hole in your pocket and start saving for it. I think you did the tune already, right? AFM delete and camshaft? The tune is a great bang for the buck. The cam is a preventive maintenance issue with the bonus of more horsepower.

I'm not into wheels like most fellas are here, but I do think the ones you have with the KO2s and that new wrap and stance look awesome, even my children really like your truck.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run 295/35/24 and Discount tire told me the load rating (110 XL)was too low and i needed to run a 305/35/24. Not sure how true this is since my tires have like a combined load rating of 8k lbs I have found they ride better at 42# They made it seem like my tires were gonna explode or something, but I've been running the same tires for the better part of 1.5 years with no issues. think they want me to buy the $1200 tires if anything.. The wear has been great and traction as well and I'm running a Landsail LS588 SUV tire which is priced similar to a Lexani tire. I had 3 different sets of Nitto 420s 20's before and i didn't notice a difference in grip or wear just priced a lot better. You don't have as much room for error with 24s so watch the potholes. with that being said, my next set of wheels will be 22's with 285/45 tires as a compromise. I like the Landsail tires and the only issue i see with them is the shops don't make any money off me if i buy them online..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts