Just purchased 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syvn8kaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
I just got myself a 2001 Yukon Xl 4x4 with 267k for 1850. Its gold has a straight body and a clean interior.
I habe a small vaccuum leak and oil leak from what I can tell so far.
What should I repair/replace first to improve longevity?
Thanks
Kaz

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
I just got myself a 2001 Yukon Xl 4x4 with 267k for 1850. Its gold has a straight body and a clean interior.
Thanks
Kaz

Welcome from Florida Kaz!

Well, first thing I would do is to check and change all the fluids and filters and plugs and wires.

Then check the condition of the tires, suspension, steering and brakes.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Do what has been suggested first to get a base of what you got.

How do you know you have a vacuum leak? How do you know you have an oil leak? With the ears and hear a vacuum leak but not pinpointed yet and if so, get some mechanical ears. Sight check on the ground and see oil you know is coming from your rig?

OP
OP
S

Syvn8kaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Do what has been suggested first to get a base of what you got.

How do you know you have a vacuum leak? How do you know you have an oil leak? With the ears and hear a vacuum leak but not pinpointed yet and if so, get some mechanical ears. Sight check on the ground and see oil you know is coming from your rig?
Engine runs slightly rough is how i hear the vaccum leak and i can see spots on the ground from oil. :) only had the yukon for the day so i havent had a chance to crawl under and inside but im pretty excited. I terior is clean and body is beautiful and frame is straight. I will do closer inspection tomorrow. Tha ks for the warm welcome everyone

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 as well. From doing much research, it seems that the most common place for a vacuum leak on a 2001 is the tiny little rubber elbow on the fuel pressure regulator. Over time it gets very brittle and very easily cracks. Either the rubber elbow itself will develop small cracks or splits, or the hard plastic tubing that feeds into the rubber elbow will crack or snap off altogether. A vacuum leak here at the fuel pressure regulator can also cause long cranking times during engine startup if the truck has been sitting for more than a few hours.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks
Kaz
I love that you are looking for improved longevity on a truck with 267k miles! The GMT800 platform just can't be beat in this department.
The "vacuum leak" you hear may very well be broken bolts on the exhaust manifolds.
Did you get any maintenence history on the vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004