Just got the MAGNAPACK!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just getting ready to say, that will be loud as shit. Not practical for street use. I take it your are using stock manifolds, and stock catalytic converters STILL. which that muffler is not going to be too radical with those items in place. But if you ever get headers, or go catless, that muffler will give you headaches. And all the cops attention needed.

I personally Im going with a 30" case and 4" muffler... dumped, and I have LT headers, and ORY cat. So its alot involved in picking a muffler.

I have not even listen to the video yet, but I can tell just by the case length of 14" inches.

Now the other muffler 11229 is also 14" case length but with offset, so its going to be just as loud, just hint more tame at idle.

For these trucks, and something deep, and quiet, you want 18" case or bigger, 22" sounds awesome.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hoe. Very informative

yea, I just like helping, cause that same muffler will be totally different on certain engines. It will also be louder on a 408 (6.7) vs 6.0 vs 5.3... headers vs stock manifolds.... cats vs no cats, wye pipe dia VS wye pipe volume.

stock manifolds, and cats, can be VERY tame with mufflers. by removing cats almost 2db louder. A good example of this are Corsa users... best muffler hands down, when ran with stock manifolds and cats... Add some Longtubes and ORY, and a Corsa Sport is a violent muffler, and people add billets in front of their expensive Corsa exhaust to quiet it down.... So it Does matter.

OP
OP
LRMoog

LRMoog

Reaction score
yea she is loud but not to bad. my buddy has a flowmaster classic 40 SI/DO on his 4.8 dakota and its way louder than mine. IMO its actually seems more quiet when in WOT around red line than stock was but eventually im gonna run some shorties and some high flow cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill