Just bought a 2011 Tahoe z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Like the title says, just picked up this 2011 z71(173k miles) from a local Mini Cooper dealer that someone traded in. I didn't have great expectations when I went to lok at it, but honestly was blown away by how clean and well kept it was. Body is excellent, interior super clean aside from a few minor cracks in the dash, and a relatively rust-free underside. The test drive sealed the deal for me. My previous truck was a 2003 Denali which was totaled when a large branch from the oak tree in our backyard totaled it shortly before the pandemic. We've been a one-car family ever since. My plans are to get a black grill, bull bar, Range AFM module and possibly a cargo basket. Im good with the stock height, so no plans to lift it. I also have to find the plastic step that sits on top of the running board, this one has a crack and a small piece missing. Looking forward to patcipating in the group. View attachment 401363
Hey congrats. I bought a 2011 Z71 in silver not that long ago. Still working out some kinks but love the truck.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just had the entire step replaced on our 2008 Z71 during accident repair, so they are available. Part number for ours was 25831389 for the entire thing but the parts diagram appears to show a breakdown too.

Edit to add that part number was the right side.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought i heard both steps can use the same plastic tread.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The OP in previous post was looking to trade in his Mini for a 2011 Tahoe. Congrats! The dark paint and bright rims really pop. Looks like you got an enthusiasts truck that was well loved.

Love the Z71 flares and that the body side rub strips on the belt line have been removed. Appears as though the dealer knows how to prep a preowned vehicle correctly. Paint is :worship:

There’s no UV protection in the GM dash material. Replacement dashboard will do the same. I was months away from having my windshield replaced and tech tech mentioned I should have the dash recovered in UV leather while it was out.

Shorty after discovered GM covered Esky dashes in leather OEM and they don’t crack. Problem was they’re not cross compatible. Ended up swapping to a year later Esky with the leather dash.

If it doesn’t bug ya, no big deal. Mine was really flapping around though and installing a generic windshield by insurance and getting paid for an OEM was going to front almost $1k into the dash leather job.

Williamsimons73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealership by me is selling a 2013 Tahoe lt texas edition with 31747 miles and has a couple damage reports on carfax that are minor. The ac is having issues as well but said it was a deal breaker unless fixed. Looked at the car in person can see the radiator brace on top has been replaced. Other than that a clean car but they want $29500 after licensing and fees. It’s a one owner with a lot of service records as well. Is it worth it?

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Only if you want it bad enough. I went the route of finding one in very good condition with an engine tick. Got it for $3k and another $2k to replace the lifters and such. Very happy with what turned out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia