Just bought a 2011 Tahoe LTZ and looking for a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brawny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into that. What is the general turn around time?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding recommended tunes, I would recommend a Black Bear Performance tune, which will run in the neighborhood of $600. This tune will modify your ECM and also your TCM (so that shifting performance will also be improved, which can make as much a difference in performance as the ECM tune). And with this purchase, you will be able to obtain additional free tune adjustments for the life of your truck, whenever you make a mod for which a tune adjustment would be appropriate (cam, headers, CAI, tire size change, etc.). You can obtain the tune totally remotely with BBP, and I would suggest that you call @BlackBearPerf and discuss your needs with them. Don't think of it as a one-time purchase from a vendor, but rather, think of it as building a long-term relationship with a vendor, who will be at your service for your tuning needs for the life of your truck. You won't be disappointed. A good tune is the best performance mod you can make for your dollar, IMO.

OP
OP
B

Brawny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just learned about a local guy named Charles Barber of v8muscle.net. He seems to be legit, so I may give him a try.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into that. What is the general turn around time?
It was about a week after order to receive the tuning module and cable.

Took an hour and a half to install tuning software, and drive around to log the stock tune data, upload the data from the tuner to my laptop, and send the two stock files (engine & transmission) to BlackBear.

Took another week to get the files back, and 20 mins to load them from laptop to the tuner, and into my Yukon.

I've been driving around for a couple weeks to get all the various driving conditions re-learned into the PCM and TCM before I'll do one more data-logging session to send back to BlackBear for verification of no issues post-tune.

All-in-all, it's like a three-beer operation, minus the wait times.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
In upstate SC. I'm in Anderson, SC so if anyone knows anyone local to me please let me know. I already posted this here because I'm still learning and trying to pay attention to the layout: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/seeking-tuner-in-upstate-sc.128822/
My buddy Jamie Parker is a reputable tuner from my area located in havelock Nc but he makes trips to sc every now and then when he gets 5-10 vehicles lined up to tune. He’s done everybody’s vehicles I know plus my 3 trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518