Jump seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arkle

Reaction score
Hey, I've got an 01 Tahoe that has the captains chairs and low console (kinda like the obs trucks had). I'm interested in swapping to a jump seat like came in the newer Silverados with the three cup holders and the storage under the seat. I've heard they swap right in, just that the fabric color won't match exactly (but black and grey should still look fine, shouldn't it?)

In my quick search, I do see consoles from the newest bodystyle, particularly a 2016. I love the higher arm rest the jump seat provides, and that instead of a flat top it has the indented area for your cell phone or other things to not slide off.
But, I've heard it's not a direct swap. Never seen one installed in any tahoes or suburbans. Can it be done? Anybody ever done it and care to share what needs to be modified and how?

Has anybody got pictures of one of these swapped into a Tahoe or Silverado? Either the newest style console/seat or the flat topped ones.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've got an 01 Tahoe that has the captains chairs and low console (kinda like the obs trucks had). I'm interested in swapping to a jump seat like came in the newer Silverados with the three cup holders and the storage under the seat. I've heard they swap right in, just that the fabric color won't match exactly (but black and grey should still look fine, shouldn't it?)

In my quick search, I do see consoles from the newest bodystyle, particularly a 2016. I love the higher arm rest the jump seat provides, and that instead of a flat top it has the indented area for your cell phone or other things to not slide off.
But, I've heard it's not a direct swap. Never seen one installed in any tahoes or suburbans. Can it be done? Anybody ever done it and care to share what needs to be modified and how?

Has anybody got pictures of one of these swapped into a Tahoe or Silverado? Either the newest style console/seat or the flat topped ones.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2011-tahoe-ssv-installed-jump-seat-console.75310/

Reaction score
I did the 3 cup holder jump seat swap from a 09 Silverado into my 05 Suburban ..i love it alot better than the stock 05 jump seat ... it was a fast and easy swap .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC