2011 Tahoe SSV installed jump seat console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
When I got my SSV from the auction it was pretty stripped down inside. The most noticeable things were the large empty space between the two front seats and the rubber floor. While I liked both of these things, not having an arm rest was getting on my nerves so i started looking for consoles. Ebay had plenty of the three cup holder type jump seats for NNBS's. However the pricing has been very arrogant. $400 plus a hundred for shipping. Screw them. I've noticed that not too many were being sold.
I finally find a local (100 miles away) municipality auction that had a small lot of crap which contained a new, unused jump seat OEM. I won the auction for $147 and picked it up this morning. It came from a 2013 Silverado but everything should fit, right? Haha....
So I get into things, pull the front seats out. I put the jump seat in place and it's a bit wonky. The bottom part of the seat compartment tray is hitting against the plastic cover that goes over the air bag deployment module (or whatever you want to call it). It was only in the way by about an inch so out comes Mr. hacksaw. Five minutes and two cuts later the console fit perfectly. The icing on the cake was that I was able to fish out a pig tail that connected directly to the power outlet in the console.
If you are go go pull the seats you will need two sizes of E-Torx sockets. There is a larger size for ones in the front of the seats and a smaller one in the back. The smaller one you can get in a set at Harbor Freight and sells for about 8 bucks. The larger one I ordered on ebay for about ten bucks. It's a Vim tool V620 GM seat track socket. It works great and doesn't damage the external E-Torx nut. I will be posting more the of the photos in my albums later.
So bottom line, I went from zero to five cup holders in one hour. Lol.
Yes, yes, I know. I will be cleaning the seats later. Problem is three kids and a German Shephard...

IMG_20150925_162320.jpg IMG_20150925_181347.jpg IMG_20150925_165713.jpg IMG_20150925_162442.jpg IMG_20150925_183132.jpg

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great.
I'm with you, not having an armrest is killing.
Its crazy to see what people are trying to sell them for.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. That looks like the console/jumpseat we have in our '02 GMC 2500HD. We opted for the console, since it's unlikely we'll have more than 4 people in our truck at any one time.

So exactly where was that pig-tail? I'd love to be able to supply power to the outlet in our console. I'd use it to top off a jumpstart battery, and just leave the battery in the console. Thanks.

OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Nice. That looks like the console/jumpseat we have in our '02 GMC 2500HD. We opted for the console, since it's unlikely we'll have more than 4 people in our truck at any one time.

So exactly where was that pig-tail? I'd love to be able to supply power to the outlet in our console. I'd use it to top off a jumpstart battery, and just leave the battery in the console. Thanks.

The pig tail was tucked alongside the harness going to the rollover sensor pictured on the floor. It was pushed back towards the bottom end of that plastic cover. The pigtail was about a foot long and had the OEM connector on the end.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

That looks great.
I'm with you, not having an armrest is killing.
Its crazy to see what people are trying to sell them for.

All I can say is to look high and low for them. Same thing with third row seats. Ebay is out of control. Check with all of the maintenance facilities for police and fire in your area. When they get the Tahoe's in they still have to fit them with lights, sirens, cages etc. The first thing to get yanked out are the OEM center consoles and they usually wind up sitting in a storage area. Also, some municipalities contract the retrofitting out locally. You could find out who does this and see if they will cut a deal.

OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Sockets used for seat removal

Here is the Harbor Freight E-16 and Vim tool V620 sockets I used to remove the front seats. These sockets worked well. Some guys have mentioned that they would replace these weird seat bolts with standard. I don't blame them. But how often do you need to remove the seats? Also, the OEM seat bolts are a high grade steel, superior to what you would find a Depot or Ace. These things are designed to keep your seat safely attached to the floor in case of impact.

IMG_20150926_141011.jpg

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pig tail was tucked alongside the harness going to the rollover sensor pictured on the floor. It was pushed back towards the bottom end of that plastic cover. The pigtail was about a foot long and had the OEM connector on the end.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

All I can say is to look high and low for them. Same thing with third row seats. Ebay is out of control. Check with all of the maintenance facilities for police and fire in your area. When they get the Tahoe's in they still have to fit them with lights, sirens, cages etc. The first thing to get yanked out are the OEM center consoles and they usually wind up sitting in a storage area. Also, some municipalities contract the retrofitting out locally. You could find out who does this and see if they will cut a deal.

Ebay is out of control.
That is a great idea. I'll have to swing by and see what they say.

Thanks for posting

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

<SNIP>

Cool. Thanks. I gotta go look. >sigh< Have to pull the seats out again to do that, though. Dang it. It would be worth it, though. And I think I just used a metric 6-point deep socket for that larger Torx nut. It's been a while, though, so exactly what I did fails me.

OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. I gotta go look. >sigh< Have to pull the seats out again to do that, though. Dang it. It would be worth it, though. And I think I just used a metric 6-point deep socket for that larger Torx nut. It's been a while, though, so exactly what I did fails me.

Removing the front seats only took about ten minutes. It's not what I would call a big job. While you do have to remove all four bolts, you don't have to pull the seats out of the vehicle. I just tilted them aside. I didn't have to disconnect any of the wiring harnesses either. Granted, there is is general lack of trim on the police versions so it may take a bit longer in a normal Tahoe/Yukon. All in all though after vacuuming and fiddling an kid interruptions I was done in about an hour.

ramchol76

Reaction score
I am planning to fit same jump seat in my 2011 Tahoe PPV, @iLikeEggs can you please share if the seat has decent legroom for an adult / young adult to sit? what type of seat belt it has?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd