jarydM’s 2005 Tahoe Build/Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I might do that anyways, everything in the drivers side wheel well is covered in brake fluid.

That’s a bummer, it might’ve blown then. I did the bleed with the car off until I got some pedal resistance, but when I started it, it went all the way down. I think it may have blown before that even. But there wasn’t any new fluid leaking near the firewall or engine bay, just a huge puddle at the back door drivers side. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not that replacing lines will be a comparative cake walk

I DID try to pressurize with the cap off the reservoir, so maybe I didn’t blow that seal?

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Was able to get in a few days of work on the Tahoe.

traced the brake fluid leak to on of the rear lines. They’re both pretty rusted and bad, so I’m going to replace them, but the front ones and the ones headed to the master cylinder have almost no corrosion on them. So I’ll cut the back lines out and make some new ones. Braided stainless lines will have to wait just a little bit.

got the leveling kit and the body lift finished. And the fender flares back on. Have to modify the bumper bracket just a bit to make it fit, but did a test fit today based on position, and the HD bumper now clears the body, grill, and lights with aplomb!
EA8F2F2E-60B9-4B25-9DD7-326BFE65F67A.jpeg A13A2C86-AB46-4A1C-ABCC-026C5E979C13.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey, buddy! Nice makeover! But why you gotta use fancy words?

Curious how your brake line job goes. Being in Saltland, I know that one is coming my way. Document it for us, please. You gonna just bend NiCopp or use pre bent stainless?

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Hey, buddy! Nice makeover! But why you gotta use fancy words?

Curious how your brake line job goes. Being in Saltland, I know that one is coming my way. Document it for us, please. You gonna just bend NiCopp or use pre bent stainless?

It’ll be a job, for sure

I have some ni-copp left over from a previous project, and enough to do the Rear lines. The prevent stuff requires it to be straightened, so I’m going to just go break the old line out, and lay it end to end to make a rough diagram of what I’ll have to make. I’ll take pics.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Well, finished the modifications to the bumper brackets today, and got that mounted and fitted. It isn’t perfect, and it IS a GMC bumper from ~02, but it’ll work until I have the urge to buy a new bumper for a Silverado.
53C7C3D0-D953-49BD-BB36-84C375C82E41.jpeg
esky caps on tomorrow, then pulling out the broken brake lines and shaping new ones then hopefully bleeding the lines and then she’s on the road again.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, finished the modifications to the bumper brackets today, and got that mounted and fitted. It isn’t perfect, and it IS a GMC bumper from ~02, but it’ll work until I have the urge to buy a new bumper for a Silverado.
View attachment 253332
esky caps on tomorrow, then pulling out the broken brake lines and shaping new ones then hopefully bleeding the lines and then she’s on the road again.
Almost there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter