Its Cheaper to Keep Her

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also vote for a basic magnusson tvs1900 kit. Simple install, super reliable and an extra 120-200hp on tap. I beat the crap out of my bone stock 140k miles 4.8 with a magnusson on 16-19psi for over 2 years never skipped a beat. Only pulled for a bigger motor.

Best thing is if you don't want it loud leave the factory exhaust on it will still make good power.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You guys must live out of the rust belt. 300K miles up here and the cab is sitting on the frame no matter how much you wash it out underneath.

I lived in the rust belt for years and dealt with the repairs in my shops. PITA. That is one of the reasons I live in the PNW now.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Denali and absolutely love it! It’s such a reliable rig! Easy to work on, pretty easy to add performance mods, plenty of build threads on here to check out on GMT800 suvs. A new set of wheels will liven up your exterior with a set of escalade racks and vent covers! That mod is a fan favorite here! I have a Bluetooth nav unit with a backup camera installed in mine and it’s an awesome
Upgrade! I should have gone with an Apple CarPlay enabled headunit though.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, great save. I have my 02 Tahoe and it is getting ready to roll at 161k miles. I thought I needed something newer and went on a search, like you did. The newer rigs front seats are uncomfortable to me. Too much plastic.

I still miss my bench seat from my '90 Burby. So roomy and comfy.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man... my 02 Denali is going on 170k and I’ve done so much to it that my build thread on it is up to 264 pages. If you reeaaally want some ideas, settle in and read. Pretty much you could ever think of doing to yours is in there, from steering and suspension to supercharger, cam, headers, body, lighting, sound system, interior, etc, you name it. The link is in my sig or here it is in case you don’t see it. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/rocket-mans-02-denali-build-thread-aka-the-beast.83457/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9