It's Been Awhile!!! One interesting ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I thought most factory wheels are clear coated; I've seen some of them peeling.
That's what I'm curious about , what clear coat they use over the polished wheels.
Cause I've seen peeling too.
Maybe a wheel repair shop knows more

Blanch44

Reaction score
Have them powder coated . I dI'd mine on my '07 Tahoe Cuz they were looking like crap . Did them Gloss Black and still have them with my winter tires on my '15 Tahoe. 20170929_085306.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Have them powder coated . I dI'd mine on my '07 Tahoe Cuz they were looking like crap . Did them Gloss Black and still have them with my winter tires on my '15 Tahoe. View attachment 184471
Powder coat is great but can't get the polished look with it. I had all my chrome bumpers on my Silverado powder coated. The owner who bought it from me later on hit a pole and bent the front bumper and the powder coat didn't even crack.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey everybody, Project Denali here.

Miss the forum like crazy! I'm settled in finishing my last year of college. Just wanted to post about my ride, my summer, and catch up with everybody.
View attachment 184169
I joined the forum about 1 year ago when I bought my 2004 Yukon Denali. To be honest she was a mess. I've been cleaning and fixing things since I bought her and she's been pretty good to me. All about progress right?

First, I pulled the interior apart and cleaned all the carpets and seats. This eliminated the smell of weed and smoke and gave me a chance to fix the driver seat wiring (shorted).

My parents bought me a really nice red top optima for Christmas :) just when I got the interior back together too. Sanded the battery tray down and painted it to keep it nice.

Starting the new year off right my alternator, fuel pump, and water pump went out within a few months. Flushed the coolant and put in some new hoses, fuel pump, and alternator.
View attachment 184171 View attachment 184170
Figured out my gauge cluster was toast internally (current draw) so I replaced that too lol.

Now she's running good and I'm planning to do some small things like a tune up and other preventative maintenance.

My twin brother took her for the summer because his Tahoe puked a rod violently. Meanwhile, I was up in Michigan working an internship with GM.
View attachment 184172
Now I'm back in school, got a job offer from GM to work at the proving grounds, and most importantly got my Yukon back from my brother!

Future plans include refinishing the NNBS wheels I snagged and getting new tires. New head, tail, and fog lights and then upgrading my sound system.
View attachment 184173
It's good to be back! TYF
I've always liked those style Denali rims, and working the GM proving grounds is a dream come true! Congratulations buddy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978