It still looks pretty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2008 Escalade that lived from 2008-2021 in Fresh Meadows New York. I took great care of this truck. The only reason why I sold it was because OnStar was discontinued and no wireless bluetooth and some other stuff. I could never find the proper Bluetooth adapter to work right, I tried everything. The closest one was the isimple isgm-651. The NYC parking garages and street parking destroyed my bumpers and multiple hits from careless people in NYC. I needed so much body work and knew it would never look like it came from the factory. My OCD would not agree with it. I told my wife that my truck needs 10k to make the truck look good again and she said “no way, sell the truck and buy a newer one”. I said “hell yeah baby”! I liked the tech with the CUE and the USB input for my iPod, USB drive and iPhone that could be connected together. I also like the apps like CarPlay, pandora, i-Heart and some others with the CUE. I could hide my stuff behind the radio too with a password. You could actually connect more usb drives if you need too. I also wanted a CD player for my music as well. I was going to skip the k2xx because I heard bad things about the 8-speed, bad suspension and vibrations. When I saw the 2021+ and realized it looked like a bus and expedition in one. I don’t like the seat quality for the 2021+. The seats are not thick and they don’t stay nice long. I saw many 2021+ Escalades with less then 20k miles and the seats look like they have 200k. I decided to get the 2018 k2xx because of the 10-speed and improved suspension plus some other things the 2018-2020 has. I love that the steering wheel goes in and out and up and down unlike the 2007-2014, it’s electric too. The heads-up display is awesome and so is the seats that fold down electronically. I purposely didn’t get the electric sidesteps because the way they look when they are up and the gap when down. The thump sound it make when they retract when you drive gives me a nervous breakdown. I like the way the fixed steps look better anyways. The k2xx is more a Mercedes Benz feel and quality. I keep my body in perfect condition and I feel that if I take care of the body that I could always change everything else if it fails. The only thing that can’t be fix is the body back to perfection like coming from the factory. The bumpers could be replaced but they have to be done professionally and with me there watching. Most of all the k2xx and previous generations are on the 1500 truck frame. This constitutes that the k2xx and previous generations are a truck. The new Escalade is not a truck anymore because of the independent rear suspension. To be honest I don’t notice the difference in the ride quality. I actually like the k2xx ride better.

IMG_3849.png

IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_3725.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then there's my beater 2008 garage queen, since I have a company truck. CA truck, so rust free. I just couldn't stand not hearing the 6.2L rumble, and I missed the seats in this body style, so I bought it for *****......and overlanding. Its currently in its subdued apparel. Its held up well so far. If my 2017 had the same rumble and throaty sound with factory exhaust I may be satisfied.

I have found that locking the stupid back pressure flapper valve open on the 2017 open has made a difference. It ACTUALLY sounds like a real V8 now........I don't think my wife even knows the difference. LOLView attachment 408029
How do I do the back flapper to my 2018 Escalade. Could you make a post on how too. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10