Issues programming new key fobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenW

Reaction score
I am trying to program new fobs and am having an issue.

I follow the steps in the manual and get to the part where the DIC says “ready to program key #”.

After I push the start/stop button nothing happens. The key is not programmed.

I have done this before with no issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might be good to post up your year and model, or even put it in your signature.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to your local locksmith, and for about $25 and in less than 15 minutes, your fobs will be programmed.

jimstem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to program new fobs and am having an issue.

I follow the steps in the manual and get to the part where the DIC says “ready to program key #”.

After I push the start/stop button nothing happens. The key is not programmed.

I have done this before with no issue.
I had the same issue over the weekend. Ultimately, I had to keep trying the same key over and over (changing how I placed it in the slot) and finally after 3 or 4 tries, it paired and DIC updated to ready for remote 2. I have a 2018 Tahoe Premiere. I only had one key to start with so followed page 39 in the user manual steps. I re-programmed the one that came with the truck + a $32 dollar one purchased on Amazon. Both are now paired and work fine. I have not gotten the new one's key laser cut yet as not sure where to go for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20