Is this too much for an 02 Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is one that I am going to look at tonight. I have already told the guy there is no way I am paying his listed price ad then he says, "Just come and see it and tell me what you think". I have wanted a silver Tahoe and leather. If I was to get this one I would sell my 02 but will swap the tires and wheels from one to the other.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-2004-chevy-tahoe-z71/7050328673.html

OP
OP
02ncHoe

02ncHoe

Reaction score
This is one that I am going to look at tonight. I have already told the guy there is no way I am paying his listed price ad then he says, "Just come and see it and tell me what you think". I have wanted a silver
Tahoe and leather. If I was to get this one I would sell my 02 but will swap the tires and wheels from one to the other.

Nice truck. I have on 02 silver LT. I’ve always wanted a white Z. I know exactly what you’re talking about.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-2004-chevy-tahoe-z71/7050328673.html

Reaction score

Looks like it's been well taken care of, re-doing the seats, keeping it maintained with records, new audio, mats, etc. I'm no expert but it definitely seems like an owner who cared about his truck. In saying that, the price still seems a little steep to me, but I'm in MA and we are used to rust so it may be worth it in your area if no rust.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely. VIN search done. Will
check for codes. Rear main isn’t leaking, but hasn’t been replaced in 14 years which I found hard to believe. Shocks haven’t been replaced either.
I have asked the seller to let me pay for an oil change at a place if there choosing so I can see what the oil looks like when it comes out. Most the time they are fine with it. A couple got a little squirrelly on me and I walked away.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Both are really clean, would buy either one! Alex, those tires look pretty new, that alone is worth nearly a grand.

Just came back from looking at the 2004 Tahoe Z71 silver paint. 4-5 scratches in the paint and a couple of rub marks in the clear at the rear bumper-each side. Looks like could be buffed out but I am not sure and the scratches are very small. Had to look real hard to find on top of the hood. Both trans cooling lines leaking. Coolant low and slight sludge in the bottle. Lots of sludge under the oil fill cap and shows a rust color where the cap threads are that spin in to the tube. Volume and seek button on the steering wheel do not work and has at least one of the air pressure sensors, for the tires, that does not work. 285/70R17 tires look great. The screen, aftermarket, in the dash where the radio used to be, is not working on Bluetooth. He has the oe radio and will give it to me if I want it. Engine starts right up and is very quiet and clean under the hood but is not detailed to hide things. Could not see any oil leaks top or bottom. Inside is great and driver's seat is in great shape. Now I have to think on it overnight. I told him I am interested but need a roadtest. Was raining pretty good so I did not roadtest yet. If he still has it I will roadtest this Sunday.

Last edited:

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That z71 looks like it is in great shape. Look for sludge in the oil cap and any major leaks like others have said. Im in ENC out past Greenville and I know that truck would sell for that price out here. Show up with $5k in $100 and I bet you would own it. If you really want it, keep the other $500 in your back pocket in case you need it. If I was in the market I would definitely consider it...

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sludge you see could be a result of a cracked head. I had a long thread on this regarding my own truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts