Is This Tire Wear Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What is conversely strange is that, to the opposite, those tiny horizontal nipples/fingers are present on the driver front tire but they are all disappeared on the passenger front tire. It is possible that I routinely make more right turns than left turns.
If you are a UPS driver you will.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the driver side being towed in more, its going to pull the passenger side in as the tire tries to straighten out going down the road. Is the steering wheel straight on a flat road with no hands?

I'm no alignment expert by any means, but do understand the basics. It seems as though the camber/caster are in the acceptable area. They definitely just did a set the toe and let it go. A simple bounce of the truck on the rack can give you a slightly different final readout on the camber reading you have

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had a shop in KC/MO and my alignment tech was a guy named Jeff Caeser and he was very very good. When he had everything set where he wanted it, he would bounce the front end and recheck and adjust if needed. When the readings stayed the same, after bouncing, he backed the vehicle off the rack and road tested it. He would then double check all areas he had loosened and tightened and then gave it his blessing and parked the vehicle. That guy had no comebacks.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a shop in KC/MO and my alignment tech was a guy named Jeff Caeser and he was very very good. When he had everything set where he wanted it, he would bounce the front end and recheck and adjust if needed. When the readings stayed the same, after bouncing, he backed the vehicle off the rack and road tested it. He would then double check all areas he had loosened and tightened and then gave it his blessing and parked the vehicle. That guy had no comebacks.
Now that's thorough.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the driver side being towed in more, its going to pull the passenger side in as the tire tries to straighten out going down the road. Is the steering wheel straight on a flat road with no hands?

I'm no alignment expert by any means, but do understand the basics. It seems as though the camber/caster are in the acceptable area. They definitely just did a set the toe and let it go. A simple bounce of the truck on the rack can give you a slightly different final readout on the camber reading you have

We took a 2,400 mile road trip shortly after in late January-early February 2023 and I experienced no issues. The previous year in February 2022 we took a 2,600 mile road trip on the old tires and old pre-alignment specs and I also had no driveability concerns to report either during that trip as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts