Is there a supply issue on 2022 2nd Row Bucket Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonesDT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In December, I test drove a '22 Yukon AT4 on the lot and wanted it, but the dealer wouldn't go any lower than a $6k markup over sticker, so I refused and I got him to agree to factory order one for no markup. I ordered the exact same thing, same color, same exact options, since they obviously had no supply issues since the dealer had it on his lot.

A few weeks ago, my dealer now tells me because of the microchip issues, I can't get the Power-Sliding Center Console option. I was like, fine, no problem. But then he said "but here's the thing", because I'm deleting the console, that means I cannot get the 2nd row bucket seats and it has to be a bench seat, which is a 100% deal breaker for me. I told him that makes no sense whatsoever. The bucket seats are a prerequisite to get the console, but it's not the other way around. He said he can't explain it either, but it's what the factory says and it is what it is. I said so he's essentially telling me that they are not making ANY Yukons whatsoever with 2nd row bucket seats, and he said that's right. He says the Tahoes/Suburbans and Escalades have the same problem right now too.

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate information? It just doesn't sound right that a "microchip" is holding up captain seats.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A microchip isn’t holding up the seats. Most likely rubber foam for seats. That’s been a huge issue for recreational vehicles lately especially boats. But that sucks, bucket seats r standard in premier/HC/Denali, so r they making u get bench?

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of 2 weeks ago when this revision came out about the sliding console there has been much confusion about the wording in the order guide. Yes, you can still get 2nd row buckets, BUT your dealer has to manually check the buckets back on your order. That is how mine is being built this week. Ohers have reported the same.

OP
OP
B

BonesDT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so r they making u get bench?
I told him no way, so from what I understand, my order is on indefinite hold until they resolve the seats, but I'm up there at the front of the line when it does resolve, whenever that will be.
As of 2 weeks ago when this revision came out about the sliding console there has been much confusion about the wording in the order guide. Yes, you can still get 2nd row buckets, BUT your dealer has to manually check the buckets back on your order. That is how mine is being built this week. Ohers have reported the same.
Interesting that they are making your buckets right now. When did you place your order and do you know when GM accepted it?

I definitely told him to order the extra option for "Power-release 2nd row bucket seats" for $370 and he seems to be a competent dealer that knows these cars well. Problem is, he hasn't given me any documentation other than a Purchase Agreement with my deposit info, which doesn't specify the exact build options and an Order Number. I tried asking GM directly about my Order Number but the only info they can give me is that GM has not yet "accepted" my order and any further info must be gotten from my dealer. I'm just very untrustworthy, because although the Purchase Agreement and emails says "price will be sticker price", competitor dealers keep telling me there is no way he's going to honor that when it comes in, and I'm wondering if he's trying to convince me to bust the deal so he can take my order.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go see another dealer. Go in, sit down and build it. Takes 5 min. I have the login actually to build vehicles, my salesman let me do it on his auto book pro lol.

OP
OP
B

BonesDT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go see another dealer. Go in, sit down and build it. Takes 5 min. I have the login actually to build vehicles, my salesman let me do it on his auto book pro lol.
I was considering doing that for a Tahoe Z71 and basically take whichever order comes in first, but other dealers are telling me 8-months now.

Is there something I can ask my dealer to give me to prove he ordered the right options? I asked him to send me the factory's correspondence about the "no bucket seats" but he keeps ignoring me.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea he should give u a print out of the order sheet. 2-3 pages long, has every option and price with GMS pricing too.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 11/16. Accepted 1/19. 1/24 given 2/7. TPW, 2/7. STAUS 3400 (BROADCASTED TO PLANT, no more info as of today.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Ordered 11/16. Accepted 1/19. 1/24 given 2/7. TPW, 2/7. STAUS 3400 (BROADCASTED TO PLANT, no more info as of today.
Congrats on getting some movement of your order! Can you give us the options you chose for your order?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65